Author Topic: Trump says he will stay in race if indicted  (Read 172 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump says he will stay in race if indicted
« on: March 05, 2023, 02:19:51 pm »
Trump says he will stay in race if indicted
by Stephen Neukam - 03/05/23 7:21 AM ET

Former President Trump said on Saturday that he would remain in the 2024 presidential race even if he is indicted in a number of state and federal investigations that he faces.

“Oh, absolutely, I won’t even think about leaving,” Trump told reporters ahead of his speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) in suburban Washington, D.C. when asked if he would drop out of the race if he is indicted. He added that “probably, it’ll enhance my numbers, but it’s a very bad thing for America. It’s very bad for the country.”

The former president is involved in a number of investigations at the state and federal level, mostly stemming from his efforts to overturn the 2020 election and his handling of classified information.

He took particular aim during remarks at CPAC on Saturday at the Georgia investigation into his efforts to overturn the 2020 election, after the grand jury’s foreperson earlier this month made a number of TV appearances and gave cryptic interviews on the outcome of the panel’s findings.

“Jury foreman, a rather bizarre young woman is going around doing media interviews and saying exactly what’s going on, one of many grand juries,” Trump told the crowd, saying his opponents “do anything they can to hurt me politically because they’re afraid of me and they’re afraid of you, that’s what it is.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3884782-trump-says-he-will-stay-in-race-if-indicted/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Trump says he will stay in race if indicted
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2023, 02:32:09 pm »
Would he have a choice if he were to be indicted?

Although if I was him, I would encourage that jury forewoman that looks like Geddy Lee from Rush to keep talking.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Trump says he will stay in race if indicted
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2023, 02:44:19 pm »
Would he have a choice if he were to be indicted?

Although if I was him, I would encourage that jury forewoman that looks like Geddy Lee from Rush to keep talking.

Kept trying to work a Rush song title into my answer, and failed.  Oh well...

But no, an indictment wouldn't stop him.