Author Topic: 'Urban warfare is unavoidable,' US general fears  (Read 245 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
'Urban warfare is unavoidable,' US general fears
« on: March 04, 2023, 08:11:13 pm »
'Urban warfare is unavoidable,' US general fears
Story by Joel Gehrke • Yesterday 7:13 PM

Russia’s war in Ukraine suggests that “urban warfare is unavoidable," according to a senior U.S. general tasked with prepare the U.S. Army for potential future wars.

“I think the enemy is going to move to the cities to avoid classification as a target,” Gen. James E. Rainey, who leads the U.S. Army Futures Command, said Friday at the Center for a New American Security. “We need to wrap our head around that.”

That prospect will present a dilemma for U.S. military planners. They will be required to avoid the wanton destruction of civilian targets that has characterized the Russian invasion of Ukraine in favor of more efficient yet complex tactics.

“You never want to get into clearing and the attrition that comes with that,” he said. “Why do you need forces? You know, again, not to clear an urban area but to be able to penetrate into an urban area for purpose — stay there, kill from there.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/urban-warfare-is-unavoidable-us-general-fears/ar-AA18cm5Q?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=6e2a8b333b8e4385999e5405ade3b50a&ei=33
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: 'Urban warfare is unavoidable,' US general fears
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2023, 08:58:18 pm »
Oh, hell, I thought they meant here...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: 'Urban warfare is unavoidable,' US general fears
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2023, 11:58:10 pm »
Oh, hell, I thought they meant here...

Yeah....our big Blue cities are already having full-scale urban warfare.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: