Author Topic: Here’s the real reason the EPA doesn’t want to test for toxins in East Palestine  (Read 314 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Here’s the real reason the EPA doesn’t want to test for toxins in East Palestine
Stephen Lester
The agency is familiar with dioxins, having researched its adverse effects, and if they test the soil in East Palestine for it, they will find it

Thu 2 Mar 2023 09.00 EST

The decision to release and burn five tanker cars of vinyl chloride and other chemicals at the site of a 38-car derailment in East Palestine, Ohio, just over three weeks ago unleashed a gigantic cloud full of particulates that enveloped surrounding neighborhoods and farms in Ohio and Pennsylvania.

It is well documented that burning chlorinated chemicals like vinyl chloride will generate dioxins. “Dioxin” is the name given to a group of persistent, very toxic chemicals that share similar chemical structures. The most toxic form of dioxin is 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin or TCDD. TCDD is more commonly recognized as the toxic contaminant found in Agent Orange and at Love Canal, New York and Times Beach, Missouri, both sites of two of the most tragic environmental catastrophes in US history.

Dioxin is not deliberately manufactured. It is the unintended byproduct of industrial processes that use or burn chlorine. It is also produced when chemicals such as vinyl chloride are burned such as occurred in East Palestine.

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/mar/02/epa-toxins-test-east-palestine-ohio-train-derailment-dioxins
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Meanwhile, crickets from the environmentalists. Between this and the Ukraine War, it should be very apparent to people that with Democrats, party trumps ideology.  They pick and choose when they are anti-war and pro-environment. And now that their party is the biggest beneficiary of corporate largesse and the global managerial state, they gaslight 24/7.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Meanwhile, crickets from the environmentalists. Between this and the Ukraine War, it should be very apparent to people that with Democrats, party trumps ideology.  They pick and choose when they are anti-war and pro-environment. And now that their party is the biggest beneficiary of corporate largesse and the global managerial state, they gaslight 24/7.
Some cows are more sacred than others...

...and cash cows are the most sacred of all.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
There were other chemicals spilled besides the vinyl chloride.
Haven't heard much about them...

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
There were other chemicals spilled besides the vinyl chloride.
Haven't heard much about them...
They won't see what they don't look for, but they'll say they had 'no tests indicating the presence of...'
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis