Author Topic: Colorado lawmaker introduces bill to provide easier access to opioids for chronic pain sufferers  (Read 630 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Colorado lawmaker introduces bill to provide easier access to opioids for chronic pain sufferers

BY SHAUN BOYD

UPDATED ON: MARCH 3, 2023 / 3:02 PM / CBS COLORADO

Seven years after the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released guidelines aimed at stopping the over-prescription of opioid painkillers, patients who need those medications to ease chronic pain have been left suffering, some to the point of suicide.

Now, state Sen. Joanne Ginal is stepping in with a bill to help.

"We've done a great job at reducing opioid addiction but we need to pay attention to those people who need opioids in order to just live a normal life," she said.

According to the CDC, chronic pain impacts 20% to 30% of the population and 60% to 70% of people over age 65.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/colorado/news/lawmaker-introduces-bill-provide-easier-access-opioids-chronic-pain-sufferers/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Every junkie in Colorado will develop chronic back pain. :beer:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Yeah maybe, then again maybe chronic pain sufferers will be able to get relief after clueless Aholes started their war on Opioids and made it so hard to get pain meds.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Yeah maybe, then again maybe chronic pain sufferers will be able to get relief after clueless Aholes started their war on Opioids and made it so hard to get pain meds.
. Typical government overreach and not thinking the problem through.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline roamer_1

I am with you on that. It got so bad jumping through hoops that I finally walked off.
It got to where all the bullcrap wasn't worth it.

Imagine. All stove up. Can't hardly move. But I had to show up in person for a hand written prescription, a prescription good only for a few hours...
Which means after all the pain of going to the doctor, I had to immediately go stand in line, again, in person, to get the prescription filled. And no long prescriptions. 10 days, then 2 weeks and then finally a month... but no more.

Prescription day was holy hell for me.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

And that is the problem CO is trying to address.  I wish them luck and I hope other states jump on this.  The mindless pencil pushing bureaucrats need to get their ears pinned back.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
And that is the problem CO is trying to address.  I wish them luck and I hope other states jump on this.  The mindless pencil pushing bureaucrats need to get their ears pinned back.

Amen! 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Amen!

Legitimate use of Opioids is a hot button issue  for me, and I think it is for you, too.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Kamaji

It’s a very difficult subject, because there are valid arguments on both sides.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Wife used to keep a few kids for a very dear friend of hers/ours, the kids belonged to her daughter and daughter's bad druggie husband that always found ways to steal drugs from someone... the kind of folks that would rummage through your bathroom closets looking for drugs to steal. He (father) was a slow witted tall fellow with rotten teeth that he was constantly having worked on when he wasn't in court. Lovely children that just needed some balance of order in their lives, and I actually enjoyed their company. The 2 kids were good when they had free time from their studies (we home-schooled them also) to visit me in my workshop and ask questions and want to help.

Anyhoo, have seen the damage to families more than once... Another neighbor is raising their granddaughter (pretty little red-head girl with a mean case of diabetes) that tells the same story... We keep that Shirley Temple doll some too and homeschool her through the week. Drugs are a devil when in the wrong hands...

Agree that it is a difficult subject... people that legit need them should be able to, people that abuse them make that hard.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2023, 09:08:28 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline verga

Law of unintended consequences.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.