Author Topic: Attorney General Merrick Garland makes unannounced trip to Ukraine  (Read 372 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Attorney General Merrick Garland makes unannounced trip to Ukraine

By Hannah Rabinowitz, CNN
Updated 2:57 PM EST, Fri March 3, 2023

Attorney General Merrick Garland made an unannounced trip to Ukraine on Friday, according to a Justice Department official, his second trip to the country after Russia invaded a little more than a year ago.

The trip was not announced for security reasons, the official said.

Garland was invited to Lviv by the Ukrainian prosecutor general, the official said, and joined President Volodymyr Zelensky at the “United for Justice Conference.”

The official added that Garland “held several meetings and reaffirmed our determination to hold Russia accountable for crimes committed in its unjust and unprovoked invasion against its sovereign neighbor.”

The trip comes nearly two weeks after President Joe Biden made his first trip to Ukraine since the war began and is one of several trips made by members of Biden’s Cabinet. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen also recently made a trip to Ukraine to meet with Zelensky.

The attorney general last went to Ukraine in June and similarly committed the United States’ assistance in finding and prosecuting those who committed war crimes. During that trip, Garland announced that he was appointing Eli Rosenbaum, the top US so-called “Nazi hunter,” to lead a Justice Department team to identify and prosecute war criminals.

more
https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/03/politics/merrick-garland-ukraine/index.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Re: Attorney General Merrick Garland makes unannounced trip to Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2023, 04:22:45 pm »
This trip seems very curious to me. I believe it was done only to deflect from the bad publicity Garland got when he appeared before congress earlier in the week. I can't think of any other legitimate reason why he would need to go to Ukraine.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2023, 04:51:32 pm »
I am sure he is going over there to investigate the Biden crime families dealing with Ukrainian oligarchs.  Right?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2023, 05:03:36 pm »
The scope and juridiction of the Justice Department is 100.000% withing the confines of the soverign United States.  If there as DOJ business to be conducted in Ukraine or elsewhere, it would be done via envoy through DHS, DNI, DOD or the State Department.

Blinken has zero business being there.  And the American public needs to be explained why he is there.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2023, 06:50:25 pm »
Yellen and now Garland,whose next to stick there nose where they don’t belong, Buttjigger? Or maybe Lurch with the excuse being the wars effect on climate change.