Author Topic: It Sure Doesn’t Seem Like Havana Syndrome Is Russia’s Fault  (Read 332 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

It Sure Doesn’t Seem Like Havana Syndrome Is Russia’s Fault
Intellegencer, Mar 1, 2023

A new, comprehensive U.S. intelligence assessment of “Havana syndrome,” the mysterious slew of symptoms suffered by American diplomats around the world since 2016, found that it wasn’t caused by Russia, Cuba, or any other foreign adversary. Nor, the report says, did the ailments result from a directed energy weapon.

The conclusion of the report, first reported in the Washington Post on Wednesday, is not a shock given that no proof had ever emerged of foreign nefariousness before. But it constitutes the most authoritative word on what has become a controversial topic. And it isn’t ambiguous, per the Post:

[snip]

The agencies couldn’t locate a consistent pattern among the cases over the years; found no evidence that Russia, Cuba, or any other foreign government knew the attacks were taking place; and concluded that several of the incidents had occurred in places where it would be next-to-impossible to position an energy-directed weapon. Some experts have deemed that directed-energy explanation implausible within the limits of current technology anyway, though an intelligence panel last year concluded that it was the most likely cause of Havana syndrome.

In a statement, CIA director Bill Burns said, “I and my leadership team stand firmly behind the work conducted and the findings.”

More:
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2023/03/it-sure-doesnt-seem-like-havana-syndrome-is-russias-fault.html

Re: It Sure Doesn’t Seem Like Havana Syndrome Is Russia’s Fault
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2023, 02:48:59 pm »
"In honor of yesterday’s intelligence report fully debunking the Havana Syndrome fraud, let’s revisit one of the most unhinged corporate media segments covering this like a spy thriller. Keep in mind, NONE OF THIS EVER HAPPENED 👇" (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/SystemUpdate_/status/1631345487910510613

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2023, 03:12:08 pm »
It Sure Doesn’t Seem  .  .  .

Stopped reading after the word 'seem'.  I am interested in facts, not liberal emotional perception.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2023, 03:21:05 pm »
Stopped reading after the word 'seem'.  I am interested in facts, not liberal emotional perception.

Read the damn article.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2023, 09:53:49 pm »
Read the damn article.

I read the damn article.  It is a strawman posted by Russia's biggest apologist on this forum for the sole purpose of absolving Russia of being a bad guy.  Not that any conclusions here have been proven.  It is simply someone's perception.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2023, 11:21:33 pm »
I read the damn article.  It is a strawman posted by Russia's biggest apologist on this forum for the sole purpose of absolving Russia of being a bad guy.  Not that any conclusions here have been proven.  It is simply someone's perception.

:thumbsup: