Author Topic: The Biggest Barriers To More US Drilling Are Biden’s Climate Toadies  (Read 173 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY WSJ EDITORIAL BOARD ON MAR 2, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

The Biggest Barriers To More US Drilling Are Biden’s Climate Toadies

willow campPresident Biden says the only barrier to more U.S. oil production is recalcitrant drillers. Ok, Mr. President, then are you going to approve Alaska’s Willow project?

ConocoPhillips acquired its first Willow leases in 1999 in Alaska’s National Petroleum Reserve (NPR-A), an area the size of Indiana that Congress specifically set aside for oil development.

It’s the largest pending oil and gas project in the U.S., with expected production of 180,000 barrels of oil a day, and 600 million over 30 years.

The Willow plan has passed every environmental analysis, would employ union labor, and yield a revenue gusher. The final regulatory review was completed in early February, and it’s customary for the feds to give a final go-ahead within 30 days.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/the-biggest-barriers-to-more-us-drilling-are-bidens-climate-toadies/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Considering they are using ice roads for transport, all the Bidet Administration need do is stall until break-up (Spring in the lower 48) and there's another year's delay built in.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis