Author Topic: 'How we eat our chicken' is a racial issue according to this professor  (Read 364 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
'How we eat our chicken' is a racial issue according to this professor

The professor said that 'colorism' can be explained through five points, dubbed the 'sense(s) of colorism': sight, sound, smell, touch, and taste.
Campus Reform has also recently reported on DePaul taking measures such as disallowing professors to use racial epithets even when used in a purely academic context.

Thomas Stevenson '23 | Utah Campus Correspondent
March 3, 2023, 11:19 am

A DePaul University (DePaul) alumna and Nevada State College professor, Erika Abad, gave a presentation to other Depaul alumni on “colorism,” the notion that minority groups discriminate against each other based on how dark their skin is.

Abad said in her early February presentation that even tastes and smells are racialized, including “[h]ow we eat our chicken.”

The presentation was uploaded to the DePaul University Office of Alumni Relations YouTube channel.

https://campusreform.org/article?id=21459
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
college professors have WAY TOO MUCH TIME on their hands.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline roamer_1

How EXACTLY is the way black folks eat chicken any different than how redneck and blue collar folks eat chicken?

Offline Kamaji

Online Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

college professors have WAY TOO MUCH TIME on their hands.
Too many of them are nuts, as well.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
 :thud:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Putting aside how poorly written this essay is, one thing mentioned is true within the black community:

A DePaul University (DePaul) alumna and Nevada State College professor, Erika Abad, gave a presentation to other Depaul alumni on “colorism,” the notion that minority groups discriminate against each other based on how dark their skin is.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Eating chicken is not the problem.

It's how much time college professors have to choke them.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: 'How we eat our chicken' is a racial issue according to this professor
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2023, 03:39:35 pm »
Bunch of damn chicken chokers.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.