Author Topic: Biden takes fire after vowing to ‘ban assault weapons’  (Read 571 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Biden takes fire after vowing to ‘ban assault weapons’
« on: March 03, 2023, 07:53:23 pm »
Highland County Press By Casey Harper 3/2/2023

President Joe Biden pledged in a speech late Wednesday to ban “assault weapons,” but critics were quick to push back.

Biden made the statement during his remarks at the House Democratic Caucus Issues Conference.

“I know I make some of you uncomfortable, but that little state above me, in Delaware, is one of the — has the highest rate — one of the highest rates of gun ownership,” Biden said. "But guess what? We’re going to ban assault weapons again come hell or high water.”

Biden also called out “high-capacity magazines.” Those comments sparked pushback from critics who pointed to their Second Amendment protections.

“The loss of life is a tragedy whenever it occurs,” U.SS. Rep. Bob Good, R-Va., told The Center Square in response to Biden’s comments. “At the same time, the Second Amendment is not subject to interpretation by bureaucrats in Washington and cannot be taken away by Congress. Rather than confiscating firearms from law-abiding Americans, our priorities should be to protect and equip our police and crack down on violent crime."

Biden has taken a series of executive actions pushing the boundaries of his Constitutional authority, such as the eviction moratorium and COVID mandates, leading to legal challenges and rulings pushing back on Biden’s agenda.

More: https://highlandcountypress.com/Content/In-The-News/In-The-News/Article/Biden-takes-fire-after-vowing-to-ban-assault-weapons-/2/20/88519

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Biden takes fire after vowing to ‘ban assault weapons’
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2023, 01:20:12 am »
Creating millions of Felons by decree...

FMCDHMF.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2023, 01:54:35 am »

FMCDHMF.
:thumbsup:
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2023, 03:24:34 am »

FMCDHMF.

Sometimes abbreviations are about the only thing left to respond to that POS...
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....