Author Topic: UN orders world governments to ‘end free speech’  (Read 1448 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
UN orders world governments to ‘end free speech’
« on: March 03, 2023, 06:54:17 pm »
UN orders world governments to ‘end free speech’
Wednesday, March 01, 2023 by: News Editors

(Natural News) The United Nations has called on governments across the world to abolish free speech in the interests of combatting “disinformation.”

(Article by Sean Adl-Tabatabai republished from NewsPunch.com)

On Wednesday, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) demanded the establishment of “global guidelines for the regulation of social media” in a conference to address alleged “disinformation.”

Breitbart.com reports: Participating in the conference, based in Paris, were Brazilian President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva – a convicted felon who spuriously referred to his opponent Jair Bolsonaro as a “pedophile” in an online podcast during last year’s presidential race – and Maria Ressa, a Filipino journalist who faced government persecution for allegedly reporting disinformation online under former President Rodrigo Duterte.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2023-03-01-un-orders-world-governments-to-end-free-speech.html#
Would you be willing to fight and die for multiculturalism?  Would you put your life on the line for “Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity” (DIE); “Environmental, Social, and corporate Governance” (ESG); or other Marxist worldviews?  Would you go to war to preserve the right of delusional men to use women’s restrooms and dominate women’s sports?  Would you fight for any government that hunts down and imprisons J6 protesters as political hostages but celebrates Antifa and Black Lives Matter rioters who cause physical injury and property damage?

J.B. Shurk

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: UN orders world governments to ‘end free speech’
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2023, 03:52:48 am »
Time to get out of the UN.--at least stop funding it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2023, 04:39:13 am »
The very same wording as piloted here, and in Canada... And in Australia...

Can there be any doubt where the removal of rights in the West is centered?

This WHOLE THING, from the seizures during the plandemic onward smells like one thing:

The Great Reset. You will own nothing and be happy.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2023, 04:06:18 pm »
The U.N. didn't order anything.   Flat misrepresentation for the source to claim otherwise.

And I'm not defending the U.N..  Just trying to defend the basic concept of truthfulness.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2023, 02:03:27 pm »
No matter who did or didn't order the elimination of free speech, looks like France has gotten right on it.

France: Politician faces criminal trial for saying that ‘immigration is killing the youth of France’
... “Marseille: Stéphane Ravier to go back to court on March 9 for discriminatory remarks,” translated from “Marseille : Stéphane Ravier renvoyé en correctionnelle le 9 mars pour des propos discriminatoires,” La Provence, March 2, 2023:

After his two appearances for having described Samia Ghali as “Point G. of Marseille,” which had resulted in a conviction followed by a release on appeal, a new judicial appointment awaits the far-right senator Stéphane Ravier. On March 9, the former RN executive who spent time in the Zemmour camp is indeed summoned before the Marseille criminal court. The trial was initially set for September 28 before being postponed.

In question, a tweet dated January 11, 2022 echoing a sordid news item, the murder of an 18-year-old young man in the Paris region by a 62-year-old Senegalese national. The next day, Stéphane Ravier hastened to publish the photo of the victim accompanied by his own comment: “Théo, 18, murdered yesterday by a Senegalese” #ClayeSouilly. Immigration is killing the youth of France.”

Outraged by this “nauseous” position, the international league against racism and anti-Semitism (Licra) and the human rights league (LDH) immediately filed a complaint for “provocation to discrimination, hatred or violence.” A procedure validated by the prosecution, which considered that this tweet contained “allegations or imputations undermining the honor or the consideration of a group of people, in this case migrants, because of their origin or their membership or their non-affiliation to an ethnic group, nation, race or religion.”  ...
Jihad Watch
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2023, 02:11:29 pm »
The Republic is lost.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2023, 08:32:18 am »
TIME TO END THE UN.  THEY SERVE NO PURPOSE THAT BENEFITS MANKIND. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2023, 09:12:27 am »
FUUN!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2023, 01:18:19 pm »
Ok,WHO  is surprised by this?

After all,this is a cornerstone of leftism. No communist nation can survive with  Free Speech in existence.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2023, 01:21:18 pm »

@jafo2010

I honestly thiink disbanding the UN would be a benefit to mankind and  freedom,as it would harm the spread of communism/fascism by removing their ability to organize and get international laws passed in their favor.

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2023, 05:51:32 pm »
Just remember:  as used by the elites "disinformation" is any assertion, whether true, false or disputable which contradicts whatever bulls**t they are trying to foist on the public.

I use bulls**t in the technical sense Harry G. Frankfurt proposed in his charming little book On Bulls**t:  saying whatever is expedient without regard for its truth or falsity.  (Incidentally, Frankfurt concludes bulls**t is a worse enemy of the truth than lying, in as much as the liar knows the truth and says the opposite, while the bulls**tter has no regard whatsoever for truth.)
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2023, 06:14:44 pm »

That’s not true. At least according to this clip.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=25&v=DueSvcjn810&embeds_euri=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F&feature=emb_logo
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2023, 01:01:45 pm »
Just remember:  as used by the elites "disinformation" is any assertion, whether true, false or disputable which contradicts whatever bulls**t they are trying to foist on the public.

I use bulls**t in the technical sense Harry G. Frankfurt proposed in his charming little book On Bulls**t:  saying whatever is expedient without regard for its truth or falsity.  (Incidentally, Frankfurt concludes bulls**t is a worse enemy of the truth than lying, in as much as the liar knows the truth and says the opposite, while the bulls**tter has no regard whatsoever for truth.)

:thumbsup:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2023, 01:35:31 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2023, 02:08:07 pm »
"We iz da wurld.......

We iz da peep-pulls......"

Sang hit wit me,bruthuas and sistas!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2023, 07:53:52 pm »
No matter who did or didn't order the elimination of free speech, looks like France has gotten right on it.
Like I said ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2023, 08:12:57 pm »
Of course the United Nations is against free speech - Globalism is unraveling and the unwashed masses are determining that Global Climate Change is a fraud.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2023, 09:12:58 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline libertybele

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2023, 09:09:57 pm »
I'm not understanding why the U.S. can't just withdraw.  So what, there's a U.N. charter.  What ultimately ties the U.S. to the U.N. that we can't leave??

The United Nations Charter deliberately made no provision for the withdrawal of member governments, largely to prevent the threat of withdrawal from being used as a form of political blackmail, or to evade obligations under the Charter.

Bills to end U.S. membership in the UN have been introduced in the United States House of Representatives, for example the American Sovereignty Restoration Act of 2009 (introduced as H.R. 1146 on February 24, 2009 by Republican Ron Paul) and American Sovereignty Restoration Act of 2017 (H.R. 193, introduced January 3, 2017 by Republican Mike Rogers). Such measures have failed to pass by large margins.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Withdrawal_from_the_United_Nations
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2023, 01:05:15 am »
Those bills failed because the Uni-party fully supports globalism. 

The sovereignty of the USA is gone.  Been gone.  Any of you believing otherwise are delusional. 

The republic is dead.  The corrupt Democommie Party will once again play with the ONES AND ZEROES and blatantly fix another election.  The scope of fixed elections I believe is broad.  And the Republicans will remain silent because they are in on the fix.  There are exceptions, but they do not lead the Republican Party.

Even Glen Beck, who is often outspoken is reluctant to say the election was fixed.  The people in power would line you up and shoot you given the opportunity.  We are but a couple small steps from that moment in time.

Even now, how many of you are reluctant to express yourself to others like you used to do 20 years ago?  How many of you bite your tongue believing you might be attacked to say what you think?  Don't you realize that this was how life was in the USSR, and even now in Putin's Russia.  We are becoming a totalitarian country exactly like Russia/former USSR.  EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!

:yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa:
« Last Edit: March 31, 2023, 01:06:35 am by jafo2010 »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2023, 01:13:36 am »

The sovereignty of the USA is gone.  Been gone.  Any of you believing otherwise are delusional. 

The republic is dead.  The corrupt Democommie Party will once again play with the ONES AND ZEROES and blatantly fix another election.  The scope of fixed elections I believe is broad.  And the Republicans will remain silent because they are in on the fix.  There are exceptions, but they do not lead the Republican Party.

Even Glen Beck, who is often outspoken is reluctant to say the election was fixed.  The people in power would line you up and shoot you given the opportunity.  We are but a couple small steps from that moment in time.

Even now, how many of you are reluctant to express yourself to others like you used to do 20 years ago?  How many of you bite your tongue believing you might be attacked to say what you think?  Don't you realize that this was how life was in the USSR, and even now in Putin's Russia.  We are becoming a totalitarian country exactly like Russia/former USSR.  EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!

Agree and understand.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2023, 04:44:09 am »

Nah... The sovereignty of this republic is in the People and in the States. There is still nullification. there is still coalition of governors. It is dire, no doubt, but not all hope is lost. However, the swings that we take at it now have got to count. Every one. And we have to get busy with it, and stop being distracted by drama and shiny sh*t.

And while I can't tell you about others I say what I mean, without much for filters. And that is only gonna get worse.  happy77
« Last Edit: March 31, 2023, 04:45:29 am by roamer_1 »