Author Topic: Report: Joe Biden’s Aides Assemble 2024 ‘Advisory Board’ to Temper Division, Disarm Potential Oppone  (Read 393 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: Joe Biden’s Aides Assemble 2024 ‘Advisory Board’ to Temper Division, Disarm Potential Opponents

Wendell Husebø 3 Mar 2023

President Joe Biden’s aides have reportedly begun to assemble a 2024 “national advisory board” to temper the Democrat Party’s division regarding his prospective reelection launch and to dislodge any potential serious primary threat.

Biden’s lieutenants are collecting prominent Democrats to serve on the board — intended to serve as a means to extend party alliances to reelection doubters — that will present a united Democrat Party to block any serious opposition, the Washington Post reported Friday.

“They hope to tamp down internal divisions during what could be a turbulent election, especially as many in the group are former or future presidential candidates,” the Post reported. The aides are reportedly designing the board with the responsibility to speak positively about the president once he launches his campaign. Rumors have swirled he will announce the bid in April after February’s postponement.

Those reportedly asked to join the board are some of Biden’s perceived greatest primary threats, such as Gov. Gavin Newsom (D-CA), Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D-MI), Gov. J.B. Pritzker (D-IL), and Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA). Potential members who are more sympathetic to Biden’s 2024 bid include Sen. Christopher A. Coons (D-DE), Sen. Chris Murphy (D-CT), and Los Angeles Mayor Karen Bass (D).

“Biden may be especially sensitive to the need for unity given that the Democrats’ last presidential primary was a free-for-all with more than two dozen candidates, pitting some of the party’s top figures against each other,” the Post reported. “Biden took his share of criticism; in one searing debate, then-Sen. Kamala D. Harris accused him of racial insensitivity, a rift that took some time to heal.

“The plan to create an advisory board comes as the establishment media have questioned Biden’s viability due to his age. Biden is currently the oldest president in United States history.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/03/03/report-joe-bidens-aides-assemble-2024-advisory-board-temper-division-disarm-potential-opponents/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

And what are the republicans doing to make sure those divisions are magnified?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
And what are the republicans doing to make sure those divisions are magnified?

Perhaps we don't want to magnify them because we'd prefer to run against Biden again anyway.

Offline Kamaji

Perhaps we don't want to magnify them because we'd prefer to run against Biden again anyway.

Yes, but we would like to run against a Biden who has been as bloodied as possible by his own side first, and in such a way that we can increase the number of dem/lib/prog voters who will stay home because the infighting has disillusioned them.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Yes, but we would like to run against a Biden who has been as bloodied as possible by his own side first, and in such a way that we can increase the number of dem/lib/prog voters who will stay home because the infighting has disillusioned them.

I agree, but I also see a real possibility that going after Biden too hard, too soon could result in the Democrats choosing to run someone else in 2024, and that's the scenario I'd rather avoid.

Maybe the issue is that I still can't believe that he'll actually be the nominee again in 2024.  If we were somehow, magically, lucky enough for that to happen, I don't want to do anything that might stop it.

I truly think the only way we don't beat Biden is If Trump is our nominee.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2023, 06:40:36 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Kamaji

I agree, but I also see a real possibility that going after Biden too hard, too soon could result in the Democrats choosing to run someone else in 2024, and that's the scenario I'd rather avoid.

True, so what we want to do is to foment useless dissension amongst the rank and file dems.

Offline cato potatoe

I truly think the only way we don't beat Biden is If Trump is our nominee.

Well, that would seem to be the case.  Biden's age is a factor.  DeSantis is polling well in Arizona, Virginia, and Georgia, while Trump loses all three (again).  And so Trump, in keeping with his personality disorder, is going to tell the GOP ... "if I can't have you, then nobody can."

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Well, that would seem to be the case.  Biden's age is a factor.  DeSantis is polling well in Arizona, Virginia, and Georgia, while Trump loses all three (again).  And so Trump, in keeping with his personality disorder, is going to tell the GOP ... "if I can't have you, then nobody can."

Yeah, that's probably the most likely scenarios.  I also worry about Democrats doing in the 2024 primary the same thing they did in the 2020 and 2022 primary - crossing over to vote for the least electable Republican.