Author Topic: Liberal Media Scream: Hollywood says banning filming plastic bottles will save the world  (Read 181 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Liberal Media Scream: Hollywood says banning filming plastic bottles will save the world
by Paul Bedard, Washington Secrets Columnist |
 February 27, 2023 03:41 PM

This week’s Liberal Media Scream is going a little off beat to highlight a new Hollywood claim that movie studios and actors are saving the world and the environment with an honor system to ban plastic bottles “on camera.”

It came from Fran Drescher, the president of the Screen Actors Guild-American Federation of Television and Radio Artists and the star of The Nanny, a hit sitcom in the 1990s, as she addressed the SAG Awards show last night.

CPAC 2023 THEME: 'PROTECTING AMERICA NOW'

To a smattering of applause, Drescher said that Hollywood’s effort to stop showing plastic on camera was the industry’s biggest effort “to save the planet since World War II.”

Drescher, during the SAG Awards carried live Sunday night on Netflix’s channel on YouTube, said:

“I am very proud to say that SAG-AFTRA and MPAA has forged Green Council, the biggest joint effort of stars and studios to save the planet since World War II. Mission No. 1: an honor system to eliminate single-use plastic on camera, behind the scenes, and leverage star power to challenge audiences around the world to do the same. You may notice this year on your tables, they’re all glass bottles.”

GET THE INSIDE SCOOP FIRST WITH WASHINGTON SECRETS

Brent Baker, the vice president of research and publications for the Media Research Center, explains our weekly pick: “Nothing better encapsulates out-of-touch Hollywood celebrities than the hubris displayed by Drescher to describe actors not using single-use plastic on camera as key to the greatest effort ‘to save the planet since World War II.’ That’s ludicrous, and even her own union members realized that, hence the very minimal applause in the room. Many viewers watching at home were likely laughing at her absurdity. Perhaps she should be a little more concerned about her members demanding on-set trailers and private jets.”

Rating: FIVE out of FIVE SCREAMS.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/washington-secrets/liberal-media-scream-hollywood-says-banning-filming-plastic-bottles-will-save-the-world
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji