Author Topic: Rod Dreher - Nayib Bukele: Serious About Saving Civilization  (Read 147 times)

Offline Kamaji

Rod Dreher - Nayib Bukele: Serious About Saving Civilization
« on: March 03, 2023, 01:42:17 pm »
Nayib Bukele: Serious About Saving Civilization

It's going to take an American Bukele to de-wokify the country after the soft totalitarian reign of error

Rod Dreher
Mar 3, 2023

Have you heard of Nayib Bukele, the president of El Salvador? I wrote about him the other day, in connection with the massive prison he built to house members of the MS-13 and 18 Street gangs, which are a curse on Salvadoran society. You look at video of the gang members being treated like caged animals -- not beaten or tortured, just treated very strictly -- and you recoil at the inhumanity of that. But then you read accounts of what these men did to ordinary Salvadoran people -- the murders, the rapes, the extortion, the casual cruelty, the Satan worship, the making everybody live in terror of leaving their houses -- and you realize that yeah, they deserve this. And not just they deserve this, but the good people of El Salvador who just want to live deserve to be given that chance. If it requires taking these criminals off the street and treating them like what they have chosen to become, fine. That is a blessing of liberty for law-abiding Salvadorans.

Well, I saw this tweet in my timeline this morning, and watched the video. You should too:

https://twitter.com/Scholars_Stage/status/1631533859148890112

Mark my words: we are going to need a politician like that to de-wokify the US Government and, to the extent that it is legally possible, American society. Read this:

https://twitter.com/JohnDSailer/status/1631055936709185538

If you click on that and read the thread, you'll see that Dr. Sailer uncovered documents showing that the federal government -- that is to say, the entity supported by taxpayers, and responsible to American citizens -- incentivized scientific faculties to hire people on the basis of their willingness to classify people by race and ethnicity. People who refused to do that were disadvantaged! It's all there in the documents. Read the thread, or

Sailer is correct: if the federal government is backing this stuff, it will continue. And if it continues, we are going to see a rise in civil conflict. White people who have not been demoralized by the constant hate propaganda in the media and in academia will not sit back and watch themselves turned from citizens into dhimmis by the woke totalitarians. We had better hope that the leader who arises to fight that is doing so not in the name of racial identity, but in the name of old-fashioned American values.

There is no reason we can't have that within the current constitutional order. Let me be clear: I absolutely do not want a strongman who runs roughshod over the Constitution to achieve his goals. But we don't need one; we just need someone who has the vision, the intelligence, and the courage to de-wokify America. If you're going to read this post and say that Dreher wants to reproduce Bukele exactly in America, you're an idiot. What I'm saying is we need a leader who grasps the true nature of the woke threat to our civil and constitutional order, and who is willing to do what it takes to roll it back, without fear or apology. As I explain in Live Not By Lies, we have been dealing in this country with a fundamentally totalitarian ideology, one that has taken over stealthily by disguising itself as therapeutic help for victims of society's past bigotries. Wokeness is deeply enmeshed in the institutional structures and cultures of the United States. Our leading universities have had two decades now to train young people in this racist, bigoted ideology -- an ideology that, by the way, values loyalty to its own teachings over basic competence, scientific and otherwise. Look at this; the black conservative academic Wilfred Reilly is correct:

Source:  https://www.theamericanconservative.com/nayib-bukele-serious-about-saving-civilization/