Author Topic: Faced With Their Own Idiocy On The Lab Leak, Media Double Down On Calling You A Racist Rube.. Mark H  (Read 149 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Faced With Their Own Idiocy On The Lab Leak, Media Double Down On Calling You A Racist Rube
By: Mark Hemingway
March 02, 2023

Somehow blaming the CCP for Covid, rather than the Chinese people, is proof of racism and xenophobia in America that must be silenced.

This week, two government agencies — the Department of Energy and the FBI — announced that they had concluded the most likely origin of the Covid virus, which has killed 6 million people worldwide, was that it leaked from the Wuhan Institute of Virology. The reaction to this news, which at this point was hardly an earth-shattering conclusion, is more interesting for the question it prompts about the state of American discourse: How do you have an argument with people who will never admit when they’re wrong?

Not coincidentally, if you’re interested in checking out the state of late-night “comedy” — I have to explain to my kids that this used to be a sector of popular entertainment that people actually watched and enjoyed — here’s “Daily Show” guest host Hasan Minhaj weighing in on the matter: “By the way, [the Department of Energy’s] conclusion with ‘low confidence’ is such a f-ckboy move,” he said, adding, “And now, every f-cking idiot I went to high school with is like, ‘Apologize to me right now, Hasan! I told you I was right, and if your hand is bigger than your face, you’re gay.’”

I haven’t laughed that hard since Minhaj hosted the White House correspondents’ dinner. Which is to say I will also tell my kids that the correspondents’ dinner was a decadent self-congratulatory exercise in speaking power to truth that no respectable person didn’t revile.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2023/03/02/faced-with-their-own-idiocy-on-the-lab-leak-media-double-down-on-calling-you-a-racist-rube/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34