Author Topic: Cheetos Checks its Factories for Child Workers... Loses Half its Workforce Overnight  (Read 349 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cheetos Checks its Factories for Child Workers... Loses Half its Workforce Overnight
Story by daniel bonfiglio

On February 25th, The New York Times released a scathing report on the United States' migrant child labor epidemic. In the piece, Hannah Dreier documents the dramatically increasing number of child laborers working illegally for large corporations. After its publication, the Biden administration announced a crackdown on migrant child labor, putting pressure on corporations named in the article such as J. Crew, Ford, GM, Ben & Jerry’s, Walmart, Hearthside Food Solutions and more to combat the epidemic.

In a follow-up tweet, Dreier reported that Hearthside, the parent company of Cheetos, Nature Valley, Lucky Charms, had lost a significant percentage of its workforce after checking for child laborers. (Yikes)

https://twitter.com/hannahdreier/status/1630651131486502912

more
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/cheetos-checks-its-factories-for-child-workers-loses-half-its-workforce-overnight/ar-AA188zU9?ocid=winp1taskbar&cvid=d1857a19af30454e9c19cb56c31fd572&ei=11
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I find this odd because when I was an employer I couldn't put anyone to work until after all their documentation was verified, including I-9's. It appears that now anything goes, but I don't recall hearing any changes to child labor laws or for that matter the laws making it a crime to employ anyone in the country illegally. Is this how Brandon's administration is coming up with those rosy employment numbers?

Offline Kamaji

I find this odd because when I was an employer I couldn't put anyone to work until after all their documentation was verified, including I-9's. It appears that now anything goes, but I don't recall hearing any changes to child labor laws or for that matter the laws making it a crime to employ anyone in the country illegally. Is this how Brandon's administration is coming up with those rosy employment numbers?

As far as I know, the I-9 requirements are still in place.  Most likely it's as you surmise, and this is the inevitable result of the current (mal)administration's illegal alien scheme.

Offline roamer_1

I got in a proper butt-ton of trouble for paying an industrious local kid cash for coming by after school to sweep the floors for a couple hours... He had a single mother, lived in a hovel, and desperately needed to hang around men and be useful... He needed a way to make his bones.

And all the money I gave him went to buy extra groceries for him and his mamma.

I don't remember the bill exactly $5-7000 in fines and lawyers. And that kid could no longer be on the property at all... Which was the real crying shame. A good kid, trying hard to go the right way... Till Uncle Nanny got in the way.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2023, 11:03:34 pm by roamer_1 »