Author Topic: A Subtle Way for Establishment Republicans to Sabotage Trump  (Read 240 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
A Subtle Way for Establishment Republicans to Sabotage Trump
« on: March 02, 2023, 03:20:14 pm »
March 2, 2023
A Subtle Way for Establishment Republicans to Sabotage Trump
By Brian Parsons

The 1978 comedy Animal House depicts the charades of the rag-tag Delta Tau Chi fraternity of Faber College, clashing with Dean Wormer to maintain their university charter.  Opposing Delta Tau Chi is the neighboring prestigious Omega Theta Pi fraternity.  In one notable scene, frat pledge Chip Diller, portrayed by Actor Kevin Bacon, is hazed in ritual embarrassment by his senior Omega brothers.  As he kneels on his hands and knees, his cloaked initiators paddle his bottom, at which time he winces and pleads politely, "Thank you, sir.  May I have another?"

This scene embodies conservatives' repeated abuses for a perceived seat at the table of national politics.  Will conservatives bend the knee to their initiators once again, or will conservatives drive policy from the bottom up?

In 2012, when Congressman Ron Paul couldn't get a fair shake in the corporate press or the Republican presidential primary debates, his campaign concocted a strategy utilizing the party's own rules that would force the national party to take action.  To be nominated at the Republican National Convention, get a floor speech, and have the leverage to change the Republican Party's platform required a plurality of five state or territory delegations to the convention.  Though Congressman Paul couldn't win statewide primaries in a fixed media game, he could win delegates to the national convention by focusing on states where delegates were unbound to candidates.  That is what he did.  He visited states where delegates were unbound and dispatched an army of active college students from his Young Americans for Liberty organization to campaign in those states.  His strategy was successful.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2023/03/a_subtle_way_for_establishment_republicans_to_sabotage_trump.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: A Subtle Way for Establishment Republicans to Sabotage Trump
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2023, 05:46:43 pm »
Subtle or not, the simplest way to sabotage Trump is to let Trump keep talking and sabotage himself...he is his own worst enemy.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2023, 06:56:37 pm »
I consider neither DeSantis nor Trump as part of the GOP establishment, though together they likely lock up 75-85% of the 2024 preference polls.

I think we give the Turdle faction to much credit.  They may have positional power, but the public knows they are POS', and will respond accordingly next year.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2023, 08:30:01 pm »
I consider neither DeSantis nor Trump as part of the GOP establishment, though together they likely lock up 75-85% of the 2024 preference polls.

I think we give the Turdle faction to much credit.  They may have positional power, but the public knows they are POS', and will respond accordingly next year.

DeSantis is GOP establishment.  He entered Congress during the height of the rising "Young Guns" and was a tutelage of soon-to-be Speaker Ryan.

In 2016, DeSantis threw his hat in the ring for Rubio's briefly open Senate seat.  Despite surprisingly good poll numbers and plenty of cash, DeSantis dropped his Senate run ---- at the personal request of Mitch McConnell.  Ryan assured Ron he'd have whatever he needed to restart his campaign and win his old Congressional seat.  Ryan made good on the promise with DeSantis returning to the House.

With Ryan's announced departure in 2018, DeSantis was free to turn his sights on the governor's mansion with Ryan's encouragement and support.   This is what made it so difficult for DeSantis to go to Trump, Ryan's Nemesis, and not only ask for help, but use his admiration for Trump in his now classic campaign ad.

DeSantis is not America First/MAGA.  He is not an outsider.  His roots and heart are with the Republican establishment.  The establishment is running Ron's campaign: Money, communications, policy (when settled), timing ---- all of it ---- right down to Ron's new three inch boots.  Paul Ryan is just the tip of this spear.