Author Topic: Biden to trigger tax fight Senate Democrats don’t want  (Read 213 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden to trigger tax fight Senate Democrats don’t want
« on: March 02, 2023, 02:32:59 pm »
Biden to trigger tax fight Senate Democrats don’t want
by Alexander Bolton - 03/02/23 6:00 AM ET

President Biden will trigger a fight over raising taxes when he introduces his budget plan next week, something that Senate Democrats who face a tough road ahead to protect their majority aren’t clamoring for, especially in West Virginia, Montana and Arizona.   

Democrats campaigned on repealing the Trump-era tax cuts ahead of the 2020 election but fell short after Sens. Kyrsten Sinema (I-Ariz.) and Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) balked at key elements of Biden’s tax plan, such as raising the corporate tax rate to 29 percent and the top marginal income tax rate to 28 percent. 

Talk of repealing any of the Trump tax cuts before the 2024 election had fallen off the table and Senate Democrats have recently steered clear of insisting that any deficit reduction plan that comes before Congress this year include big tax increases. 

Now Biden is putting the topic back in the national spotlight. 

“I want to make it clear. I’m gonna raise some taxes,” Biden declared at an event in Virginia Beach on Tuesday, previewing his March 9 budget proposal. 

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3880256-biden-to-trigger-tax-fight-senate-democrats-dont-want/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Biden to trigger tax fight Senate Democrats don’t want
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2023, 02:35:17 pm »
Go right ahead.  We can call it the No Accountants or Tax Lawyers Left Behind Act.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Biden to trigger tax fight Senate Democrats don’t want
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2023, 02:46:38 pm »
Go ahead. Make our day to make you a one and done.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.