Author Topic: Schumer: Fox News Is ‘Number One Cause’ of ‘Erosion in Our Democracy’  (Read 692 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Schumer: Fox News Is ‘Number One Cause’ of ‘Erosion in Our Democracy’

Pam Key 2 Mar 2023

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) said Thursday on CNN’s “The Lead” that Fox News was the “number one cause” of “erosion in our democracy” while discussing the Dominion Voting Systems lawsuit against FNC for defamation.

Schumer said, “The threat to our democracy may be greater than it ever has been before because when people doubt that the elections are for real, democracy is on edge. After all, the wellspring, the heart of our democracy, is that we trust the elections. You know, I worry that if this erodes, our democracy will erode, and my children and grandchildren will not grow up in the grand democracy that gave me, the son of an exterminator, the opportunities that I have had. What caused this? Number one was Fox News and their commentators spreading the big lie day after day, night after night, hour after hour, week after week, year after year. They’re the number one cause that there is such erosion in our democracy.”

He added, “It’s something that I feel. I love this democracy. We line up every November for 200 years and change. We go vote. And the next day, everyone abided by the election, whether we won or lost, even remember Bush v. Gore. And now, all of a sudden, you have this network spreading the lies, doing it very effectively and making a third of the people, two-thirds of the Republican Party, believe this democracy ain’t on the level. You know, when you study dictatorship, this is the beginning of the end. I don’t think it’ll be that here because the American roots of democracy are strong. But I worry about it, and there’s a demand to push back.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/03/02/schumer-fox-news-is-number-one-cause-of-erosion-in-our-democracy/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online andy58-in-nh

Schumer said, “The threat to our democracy may be greater than it ever has been before because when people doubt that the elections are for real, democracy is on edge. After all, the wellspring, the heart of our democracy, is that we trust the elections. You know, I worry that if this erodes, our democracy will erode, and my children and grandchildren will not grow up in the grand democracy that gave me, the son of an exterminator, the opportunities that I have had. What caused this? Number one was Fox News and their commentators spreading the big lie day after day, night after night, hour after hour, week after week, year after year. They’re the number one cause that there is such erosion in our democracy.”

Say "Democracy" one more time, motherf***er!!!
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

Then maybe you and your party should stop doing things that undermine confidence in our elections, like allowing illegals to vote, like blocking voter ID, which provides assurances that someone casting a ballot is actually entitled to vote, like allowing mail-in voting and ballot harvesting, both of which cut off the ability to audit particular ballots to ensure they were actually cast honestly by the person whose name is on the ballot, and etc.

U.S. elections are under threat precisely because the results cannot be audited, and there are no safeguards to prevent fraud or detect fraud after the fact.

They are not undermined by people who point out these flaws to the general public.

My God but democrats have got to be some of the stupidest, or evilest, people on this planet.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Just think if Gaslighting was a capital offense.   :pondering:
« Last Edit: March 03, 2023, 05:41:33 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

Just think if Gaslighting was a capital offense.   :pondering:

There wouldn't be any democrats left at all!

Offline LMAO

This may be an underhanded way to get the people to accept censorship of viewpoints Chucky doesn’t like.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
There were times I doubted elections before cable TV, and even FOX News.

And that was back in the day when people did line up and go and vote, not ballot harvest, not mail in votes, or any of this other stuff.

Makes you wonder just who he is referring to when he says "our". As opposed to what?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline The_Reader_David

Just remember:  when a Democrat says "democracy" (esp. in the phrase "our democracy") he or she does not mean rule by the δῆμος.  He or she means rule by Democrats.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
I think Schumer is shooting the messenger before the J6 message comes out.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Then maybe you and your party should stop doing things that undermine confidence in our elections, like allowing illegals to vote, like blocking voter ID, which provides assurances that someone casting a ballot is actually entitled to vote, like allowing mail-in voting and ballot harvesting, both of which cut off the ability to audit particular ballots to ensure they were actually cast honestly by the person whose name is on the ballot, and etc.

U.S. elections are under threat precisely because the results cannot be audited, and there are no safeguards to prevent fraud or detect fraud after the fact.

They are not undermined by people who point out these flaws to the general public.

My God but democrats have got to be some of the stupidest, or evilest, people on this planet.

Stacey Abrams' only claim to fame is that she lost the 2018 Gubernatorial election in Georgia, said the election was "rigged", was "stolen" from her, was not "fair and free", and that Kemp was not the rightful governor of the state.   As a reward for her election denialism, the Democratic Party had her give the 2019 response to Trump's State of the Union, and made her a Keynote Speaker at the 2020 Democratic National Convention.  She was a hero to them precisely because she denied the legitimacy of an election, a claim that federal courts rejected.

So screw them.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Democrats throwing its media allies under the bus to try and get away with what they have done to our nation.  Even Bill Maher, strong arm of the Woke-democrat movement is now denying he was favoring the movement of WOKE achievements, and now denying what they accomplished  and was against what they have finally accomplished-achieved.

Looks like Biden has his work cut out for him, to lie and deny his proud nefarious achievements, and swear he never meant to do what he has proudly openly done.  Shall we sing the Joe is utterly innocent song of Joe is to blame for nothing, he demented.  One more time?
Now it looks like the democrat party wants in on the ploy-denial action too!
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
« Last Edit: March 05, 2023, 05:26:58 am by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
WATCH: Schumer Threatens Fox, Says He Has 'Right' To Tell Them 'What to Do'
By Nick Arama | 9:30 PM on March 03, 2023

excerpt:

Schumer then went on MSNBC and said that the reason he was spitting in the face of the Constitution was that our “democracy was at greater risk than it’s ever been,” that Fox must admit they told “lies” or he will take other “steps.” This lie was the “worst lie in the history of our democracy.”

https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/1631613000531451904

“We’ll have to see what else we can do,” Schumer said ominously, threatening Fox.

My gosh, talk about a threat to our “democracy” and our Constitution — there’s a huge one right there, laid out by Schumer, in black and white. Media must comply with what he says, or he will go after you. He will sic his minions on you; he will see what else he can do to force you to comply. Has Schumer ever heard of the 1st Amendment? What happened to freedom of speech without the dictate and control of the government?

more
https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2023/03/03/watch-schumer-threatens-fox-says-he-has-right-to-tell-them-what-to-do-n711292
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Stupid putz.
Civics 101:
We have a Republic, not a "democracy"
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Schumers and the democrats threatened fascism, intolerant oppression clearly on display.
 If only willfully deaf, dumb, and blind people had listened to the early warnings years ago!  Instead of listening to liars and deceivers!
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

Schumer already confessed to it doesn't matter how wrong actions are, as long as he can get away with it.  That worked for Ted Bundy, as long as he was getting away with it, not so much after he was caught and executed.  Much the same mentality.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2023, 05:30:09 am by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions