Author Topic: Liz Cheney Settles for Virginia Professorship After Being Fired from Congress  (Read 1175 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Liz Cheney Settles for Virginia Professorship After Being Fired from Congress

Wendell Husebø 1 Mar 2023

Former lawmaker Liz Cheney has settled for a professorship at the University of Virginia after dramatically losing Wyoming’s congressional seat in the primary by about 40 points.

Cheney will be the professor of “practice” at the Center for Politics at the University of Virginia, Politico Playbook reported Wednesday afternoon.

The center’s director, Larry Sabato, claimed, “Cheney serves as a model of political courage and leadership,” and that she has a “compelling message to students about integrity.”

“She’s a true profile in courage, and she was willing to pay the price for her principles — and democracy itself,” he said.
Cheney accepted the position after losing by about 40 points in 2022 to Rep. Harriet Hageman (R-WY), who ran a grassroots campaign in Wyoming while Cheney mostly remained in Washington, DC, driving the partisan January 6 Committee probe against former President Donald Trump. In months prior, she had worked with Democrats to impeach Trump.

“I look forward to working with students and colleagues at the Center to advance the important work they and others at the University of Virginia are doing to improve the health of democracy here and around the world,” she said.

Cheney’s decision to slip into academia, an often far-left institution, comes as Cheney’s career was riddled with votes and reported plots against her own party. Democrats welcomed Cheney’s treachery and later appointed her to the January 6 committee.

In the spring of 2021, Cheney was fired as the GOP House conference chair by the Republican House conference via a vote of no confidence. She was replaced by Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-NY), an ardent supporter of Trump and America first policies.

Cheney did not want to lose her powerful position in Republican House leadership. To save her title, Cheney reportedly met “off-the-record” with Fox News board member Paul Ryan to shore up rumors of her ouster. Breitbart News reported that Bill Kristol, editor-at-large of the Bulwark, “recognized the meeting as perhaps Cheney’s last gasp to remain in power.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/03/01/https-www-breitbart-com-politics-2023-03-01-vance-others-introduce-bipartisan-railway-safety-bill-in-aftermath-of-east-palestine-derailment/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The carpetbagger has returned home.

Now she can ho herself out in DC for the big money.
The Republic is lost.

Online Hoodat

Looks like Wyoming voters chose correctly.  Liz Cheney is not one of them.  And now she chooses to live in a DC border state instead of the State she claimed to represent for six years.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

The center’s director, Larry Sabato, claimed, “Cheney serves as a model of political courage and leadership,” and that she has a “compelling message to students about integrity.”

Speaking of integrity at UVA, I recall a former student named Ted Kennedy who got caught cheating.  But the school decided to ignore their own honor code and allow him to remain in school after his daddy stroked a big check to the university.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline verga

As if I needed another reason to be a Hokie.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Kamaji

:thumbsup:

« Last Edit: March 02, 2023, 01:21:17 pm by Kamaji »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
What is she going to teach?  Animal husbandry.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Speaking of integrity at UVA, I recall a former student named Ted Kennedy who got caught cheating.  But the school decided to ignore their own honor code and allow him to remain in school after his daddy stroked a big check to the university.

One of my classmates at UVa law was Max Kennedy, one of Ted's nephews.  He was in my "small section" of about 30 people, so I got to know him pretty well.  Definitely not the brightest bulb on the tree.   However, as prepared as I was to dislike him, he was actually a good guy and was a lifting buddy for awhile.

He was a very good looking guy, and women were throwing themselves at him all the time.  But the guy had a out of town girlfriend, and wouldn't cheat on her.  Married her (I was invited but couldn't go because of the war), and has been married to her for 30+ years without a hint of scandal.  He knew I'd just gotten off active duty in the Marines, and always talked to me about it. Very respectful, etc..  When my reserve unit got called up for the Gulf War, Max paid for a party for me at a local bar, and gave me a copy of The Killer Angels as a gift.  My mom was there, and he spent about a half hour just talking to her and saying that I'd be okay because I was smart, etc.. Just a nice guy.  Even told me that if I needed anything, I should be sure to contact him and he'd let "my uncle" (Ted) know.  I mean, it was a nice gesture.

I remember talking to him one time, and he mentioned "my dad" (Bobby), and in that moment, it struck me that he was just a guy who lost his dad when he was only 3 years old, and had grown up without him.  I felt sorry for him.

Like I said, he was not a bright guy, but there wasn't an arrogant or entitled bone in his body.   Guess that makes him the "white sheep" of that family.  Heh.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Even K Street doesn't want her. Ouch.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Hoodat

VPI, baby!

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

Offline LMAO

Lol
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
She will "teach" one class a week,and get a full salary,+ bonuses for doing it.

"Teaching positions" are just how modern politicians launder kickbacks.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Nice!   :beer:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

Lizzie Warren comes to mind.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Professor of "practice," eh. In her case, practice didn't make perfect. Her constituents threw her out on her ample butt.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline BellyAche

I looked this up....

What Does a Professor of Practice Do?
As a professor of practice, you work with faculty and students to promote the integration of academic scholarship within a specific field of practice. You perform the role of a professor as you teach courses while adding direct information on how to practice within the field. You provide resources as well as offer your individual experience in the area you assist. Your responsibilities include developing curriculum, advising students on future education goals, coordinating outreach activities, providing a syllabus, and encouraging a deeper understanding for students that goes beyond traditional education. You are also required to contribute to college programs with new research.
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Kamaji

I looked this up....

What Does a Professor of Practice Do?
As a professor of practice, you work with faculty and students to promote the integration of academic scholarship within a specific field of practice. You perform the role of a professor as you teach courses while adding direct information on how to practice within the field. You provide resources as well as offer your individual experience in the area you assist. Your responsibilities include developing curriculum, advising students on future education goals, coordinating outreach activities, providing a syllabus, and encouraging a deeper understanding for students that goes beyond traditional education. You are also required to contribute to college programs with new research.

Sounds like a make-work position to me.

Offline verga

Sounds like a make-work position to me.
No more calls we have a winner!
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Yep. We'll see how well that goes if the students start watching the Capitol 1/6 videos Tucker is digging through. Some serious hail damage to their shining narrative already, and he hasn't gotten to the meat of it all by any means.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis