Author Topic: Childish Beliefs Drive Lethal Energy and Agricultural Agendas  (Read 257 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Childish Beliefs Drive Lethal Energy and Agricultural Agendas
« on: February 28, 2023, 12:14:24 am »
The Post & Email by Paul Driessen 2/27/2023

Biden and environmentalist policies would destroy agriculture, habitats, products and nutrition

Many eco-activists (and too many legislators, regulators, judges and journalists) have trouble thinking beyond slogans. They apparently believe declaring ecological emergencies, repeating clever mantras, and issuing proclamations and mandates will create a fossil-fuel-free, organic farming utopia. In their dreams.

Since 1950, American farmers increased per-acre corn yields by an incredible 500% – and other crop yields by smaller but still amazing amounts, while using less land, water, fuel, fertilizers and pesticides. Their exports helped slash global hunger and malnutrition. Farmers in Brazil, India and other countries worldwide have likewise enjoyed record harvests in recent years. Their success has many “roots.”

Hybrid seeds combine valuable traits from different plants. Biotech seeds protect crops against insects and viruses and reduce water and pesticide demand. Nitrogen fertilizers (synthesized from natural gas) join phosphorus and potassium in supercharging soils. School and online programs offer libraries of agricultural success tools. Increased atmospheric carbon dioxide (CO2) further spurs plant growth.

Long-lasting herbicides control weeds that would otherwise steal moisture and nutrients from crops, while enabling farmers to utilize no-till farming that avoids breaking up soils, reduces erosion, further retains soil moisture and preserves vital soil organisms. Israeli-developed drip irrigation delivers water without the evaporation characteristic of other irrigation methods.

Modern high-tech tractors use GPS systems, sensors, cameras and other equipment to steer precise courses across fields, while constantly measuring soil composition, and injecting just the right kinds and amounts of fertilizers, herbicides and insecticides, along with seeds, to ensure optimal harvests.

Imagine the bounteous crops for humanity if all these technologies could spread across the globe.

Instead, this planet-saving, life-saving progress is under assault – by well-meaning or ideologically driven, ill-advised or ill-intended … but all well-funded … organizations that demand natural gas bans, “more Earth friendly” agriculture and a return to “traditional farming lifestyles.”

Their hatred of biotech crops is intense and well-documented, but they also despise hybrid seeds. They want modern herbicides and insecticides banned, in favor of “natural” alternatives that are often toxic to bees, animals and people; may actually be synthetic (eg, neurotoxic pyrethrins); and are rarely tested for residues on produce or long-term toxicity to humans. They demand “natural” fertilizers, which often provide a tiny fraction of nutrients that modern synthetic fertilizers do.

More: https://www.thepostemail.com/2023/02/27/childish-beliefs-drive-lethal-energy-and-agricultural-agendas/

Offline LMAO

Re: Childish Beliefs Drive Lethal Energy and Agricultural Agendas
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2023, 12:29:20 am »
Childish beliefs drive every leftist agenda

Go find an elementary school age kid  and bring up any issue affecting this country or the world. Ask them what should be done about these issues, and the solutions from the child will sound eerily similar to a leftist.

The difference it’s cute and idealistic when it comes from a child. Not when it comes from leftists in power.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2023, 12:33:48 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2023, 09:04:43 pm »
Childish beliefs drive every leftist agenda

Go find an elementary school age kid  and bring up any issue affecting this country or the world. Ask them what should be done about these issues, and the solutions from the child will sound eerily similar to a leftist.

The difference it’s cute and idealistic when it comes from a child. Not when it comes from leftists in power.

:thumbsup:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2023, 09:34:32 pm »
Childish Beliefs Evil Intentions Drive Lethal Energy and Agricultural Agendas

Edited for improved accuracy.
The Republic is lost.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2023, 10:01:18 pm »
Well yeah, but no... Ag is a very bad example.

I am very much against Big Ag. Hybrids are largely to record and patent strains, in order to protect sales. 'Supercharging' crops with basically three fertilizer components, severely curtails nutrition, as does early picking in order to facilitate shipping.

'Satellite guided' farming is nothing but a protection racket, sowing up maintenance and repair on ridiculously insanely priced machinery.

Pest control likewise compromises product as seeds are formulated foremost to withstand RoundUp and the like.

And anyone who farms small, or gardens, will know the difference.

That ain't to throw the baby out with the bathwater though. But BigAg is proving itself to be more problem than answer.

Restorative farming and ranching is closer to the answer... and distributed, family farms.