Author Topic: McCarthy, GOP pump brakes on release of Jan. 6 footage to Tucker Carlson  (Read 250 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McCarthy, GOP pump brakes on release of Jan. 6 footage to Tucker Carlson
by Emily Brooks and Mike Lillis - 02/28/23 6:40 PM ET

House Republicans are pumping the brakes on the release of Jan. 6 surveillance footage they’ve offered to Fox News host Tucker Carlson and going on offense against Democrats who have spent the past week slamming the move.

Republican leaders are emphasizing that no clips will be broadcast without prior security clearance while accusing Democrats of neglecting the same precautions during the investigation by the House select committee last year — a charge the Democrats quickly rejected.

Carlson, Fox’s wildly popular conservative pundit, said last week that he would begin airing footage from the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol riot this week, after Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) offered him what Carlson described as “unfettered” exclusive access to more than 40,000 hours of unreleased surveillance tape starting earlier in the month.

Yet McCarthy and other Republicans, following days of silence on the topic, made clear Tuesday that no information would be released to Carlson’s team — let alone broadcast publicly — before the footage is screened to ensure it doesn’t compromise the security of the Capitol complex.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3878242-mccarthy-gop-pump-brakes-on-release-of-jan-6-footage-to-tucker-carlson/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Chicken shits all of them.... 9999hair out0000
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I personally think that releasing those kind of public records exclusively to one particular media outlet for partisan reasons is ridiculous.  It's the kind of thing for which we'd rightly crucify congressional Democrats if they released public records exclusively to Rachel Maddow or something.

Nothing wrong with giving them to Tucker as long as they are made available to the public in general at the same time.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Did Speaker McCarthy Just Pull a Huge ‘BAIT AND SWITCH?’ Tucker Carlson and Staff Are NOT Allowed To Record or Remove J6 Surveillance Footage From US Capitol
by Patty McMurray Feb. 28, 2023 3:00 pm

On February 20, 100 Percent Fed Up reported about the newly elected House Speaker Kevin McCarthy’s decision to release all of the 44,000 hours of footage from January 6, 2021, to Fox News host Tucker Carlson, giving him exclusive access to Capitol surveillance footage.

“I’ve watched what Nancy Pelosi did, where she politicized [Jan. 6],” said McCarthy. “Where for the first time in the history as a speaker, not allowing the minority to appoint to a committee.”

“We watched the politicization of this,” McCarthy said. “I think the American public should actually see all that happened instead of a report that’s written for a political basis.”

Carlson, who has continuously called for a probe into the actual events of Jan 6., has been granted exclusive access to 41,000 hours of surveillance footage from the Capitol protests.

more
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/02/did-speaker-mccarthy-just-pull-a-huge-bait-and-switch-tucker-carlson-and-staff-are-not-allowed-to-record-or-remove-surveillance-footage-from-capitol-on-jan-6/
Support the USO

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I was afraid McCarthy would start showing his colors.

The fact is 100% of our government thinks we are stupid blind sheep, and should adhere to their decrees.   The truth and root causes of J6 and the '20 election fraud  will never be reached as far as public understanding    Burial is their preference.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.