Author Topic: NH Gov Sununu: I Very Well May Run for President  (Read 297 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
NH Gov Sununu: I Very Well May Run for President
« on: March 01, 2023, 02:31:28 pm »
NH Gov Sununu: I Very Well May Run for President

Pam Key 28 Feb 2023

Governor Chris Sununu (R-NH) said Tuesday on SiriusXM POTUS channel’s “The Briefing” that he is considering running for president in the Republican primary.

Host Steve Scully asked, “When does Governor Chris Sununu announce that he is running for president?”

Sununu said, “Oh boy. Look, I’ll tell you – I don’t know when that is and the if and when, maybe this summer, we’ll get to that. But I’ve got to tell you, we have created this organization, and I think that’s why we’re getting a lot of national attention, and I’m honored in that the New Hampshire model is really successful. And so people have asked me to travel the country and say, well, how does it work there? How do we get what you guys have? And so I do that, and I’m also, more importantly, I’m the guy that’s trying to expand the party. I get really frustrated with the Republican party because we are just talking in our same echo chamber as opposed to how do we get independence back on board. How do we talk to the next generation voter, which right now really doesn’t want to be part of the Republican party, but we got this great product? We got this great product of limited government and local control, and we can stay true to those values, and that’s something that that next generation wants to see. But we don’t promote that well enough. So I’m trying to bridge that. So I’m trying to raise a heck of a lot of money to kind of create this national organization. It’s getting a lot of momentum and a lot of steam. And in doing so, yeah, people are saying I should run. Now, we’ll see if that really happens. I very well may do it because I just don’t see certain things lining up for the Republican party to make sure, not just winning the nomination, winning in November, winning in November is all that matters.”

Scully said, “I very well may do it. That seems like you’re inching closer to running.”

Sununu said, “Yeah, well, I very well may do it. Yeah, that’s absolutely right. I very well may. I mean, I want to see where stuff goes. I think a lot of people are going to get in the race, and I know there’s a huge concern. Oh, you’ll dilute the race, and that’s a valid concern, but don’t be so worried about who gets in. Because one thing I’ve learned in politics if people want to run, they’re going to run. But what we need to do, whether it’s myself, or even Governor Reynolds and I, or some of the other leaders of this early process, to start pulling levers and getting people out. The discipline is not getting in. The discipline is knowing I’m sitting in single poll numbers. All I’m doing is diluting the field. I’ve given it a good run. Now I’m going to get out. And so that’s where the discipline will come. And so we still have a lot of politics to play before we get there.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/02/28/nh-gov-sununu-i-very-well-may-run-for-president/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: NH Gov Sununu: I Very Well May Run for President
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2023, 02:35:33 pm »
Ah lets say NuNono.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2023, 02:58:08 pm »
If he’s looking to run because he thinks we’re on a very dangerous path, and he thinks that he can get us on the better path, then I guess he has every right to throw his hat in the ring, also

But is he one of these Republicans running to keep Trump from getting the nomination and nothing more than that?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2023, 04:00:37 pm »
The Sununu's made their politcan fortunes with the Bush's.

He might better serve New Hampshire by running for US Senate.  Cow Hampshire currently has 2 Dem US Senators ... thanks to all those transplanted economic refugees from Massachusetts.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2023, 04:14:33 pm »
I prefer he had helped Don Bolduc win his Senate race instead.  But Sununu preferred having Chuck Schumer as Senate Majority Leader than having a Conservative win a US Senate election in New Hampshire.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2023, 03:04:59 pm »
I prefer he had helped Don Bolduc win his Senate race instead.  But Sununu preferred having Chuck Schumer as Senate Majority Leader than having a Conservative win a US Senate election in New Hampshire.

So-called "election deinalism" was never going to play well in the state known for the first primary.  Bolduc wasn't going to win, and Sununu rightly thought there was no point in having to defend an argument with which he didn't agree.  That said, he's no Presidential material and should, as mentioned, run as Senator himself.  He could win.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2023, 05:42:45 pm »
So-called "election deinalism" was never going to play well in the state known for the first primary.  Bolduc wasn't going to win, and Sununu rightly thought there was no point in having to defend an argument with which he didn't agree.

But just to make sure, the GOP cut off all money to Bolduc, which assured his defeat.  Hard to run a US Senate campaign with less than $1 million.  But Bolduc actually did pretty well considering the GOP completely abandoned him.

That said, [Sununu]'s no Presidential material and should, as mentioned, run as Senator himself.  He could win.

That was the game plan.  But Sununu screwed it all up by declining to run.  In other words, Sununu was perfectly OK with a Democrat holding that seat than having a Republican in it.  Keep in mind his father stuck us with David Souter for 19 years.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-