Author Topic: How Net-Zero Policies Are Destroying British Agriculture  (Read 129 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
How Net-Zero Policies Are Destroying British Agriculture
« on: March 01, 2023, 10:53:45 am »
WRITTEN BY LINNEA LUEKEN ON FEB 28, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

How Net-Zero Policies Are Destroying British Agriculture

farming tractorA recent Epoch Times article describes how the British government’s efforts to attain net-zero carbon dioxide emissions are hindering British agriculture, leading to food shortages that will likely get worse.

The author, Owen Evans, interviews British farmers who say that government incentives and climate initiatives have resulted in farmers reducing the amount of land they devote to farming. [emphasis, links added]

In the article, “DEFRA’s Net Zero Policies Contributing to Fruit & Vegetable Shortages, Warn British Farmers,” Evans describes how recent shortages of fruits and vegetables in British supermarkets are being caused, in part, by the government policies that actively discourage food production.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/how-net-zero-policies-are-destroying-british-agriculture/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson