Author Topic: The U.S. Has Billions for Wind and Solar Projects. Good Luck Plugging Them In.  (Read 182 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The U.S. Has Billions for Wind and Solar Projects. Good Luck Plugging Them In.

Brad Plumer
Thu, February 23, 2023 at 1:53 PM EST·9 min read

Plans to install 3,000 acres of solar panels in Kentucky and Virginia are delayed for years. Wind farms in Minnesota and North Dakota have been abruptly canceled. And programs to encourage Massachusetts and Maine residents to adopt solar power are faltering.

The energy transition poised for takeoff in the United States amid record investment in wind, solar and other low-carbon technologies is facing a serious obstacle: The volume of projects has overwhelmed the nation’s antiquated systems to connect new sources of electricity to homes and businesses.

So many projects are trying to squeeze through the approval process that delays can drag on for years, leaving some developers to throw up their hands and walk away.

https://news.yahoo.com/u-billions-wind-solar-projects-185322374.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I wonder how many Chinese front businesses will get chunks of that pie? :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson