State Chapters > Illinois

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot Loses Reelection Bid

(1/3) > >>

rangerrebew:
Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot Loses Reelection Bid

JORDAN DIXON-HAMILTON28 Feb 20231,525

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot (D) on Tuesday failed to secure enough votes to advance to the runoff on Tuesday, losing her bid for a second term in office, according to an Associated Press projection.

Lightfoot becomes the first Chicago mayor to lose a bid for reelection in 40 years, when former mayor Jane Byrne was ousted in 1983.

Lightfoot’s loss sets up former Chicago Public Schools CEO Paul Vallas (D) and Cook County Commissioner Brandon Johnson (D) for a head to head faceoff in the runoff election on April 4.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/02/28/chicago-mayor-lori-lightfoot-loses-reelection-bid/

rangerrebew:
 :hands:

Kamaji:
Meh.  It’s good that she lost,  it she’ll be replaced by another idiotic democrat.

LMAO:

--- Quote from: Kamaji on March 01, 2023, 10:56:54 am ---Meh.  It’s good that she lost,  it she’ll be replaced by another idiotic democrat.

--- End quote ---

And probably somebody more anti-cop, pro crime than Lightfoot

240B:

--- Quote from: Kamaji on March 01, 2023, 10:56:54 am ---
Meh.  It’s good that she lost,  it she’ll be replaced by another idiotic democrat.

--- End quote ---
Very true. Her replacement will be another foolish, idiotic, Liberal Democrat. However, I do not think it is possible for anyone to be a worse mayor or person than she is.

It is her hubris and her utter arrogance that brought her down. She thought that being Black/Lesbian/far Left Liberal, in a Democrat city meant that she can do anything, anything at all, and keep her job. She thought she is untouchable. She was wrong.

That dancing in the street thing she did a few days ago was a giant F**k You! to the people of Chicago. She was saying, "You will never get me out of office, no matter what." I do what I want, when I want, and nobody can do a damn thing about it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version