Author Topic: Navy Hypersonic Prototype Travels 109 Nautical Miles in 2 Minutes & Hypersonics to Fire from Submari  (Read 131 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Navy Hypersonic Prototype Travels 109 Nautical Miles in 2 Minutes & Hypersonics to Fire from Submarines in 2028
The principle advantage of hypersonics is simply”time,” the speed at which they can hit an enemy target massively shortens the response curve for potential enemies.
KRIS OSBORN, WARRIOR MAVEN - CENTER FOR MILITARY MODERNIZATIONFEB 27, 2023
By Kris Osborn - Warrior Maven

The US Navy has fired an emerging hypersonic “prototype” round as far as 109 nautical miles in only two minutes, marking a potential breakthrough in the realm of high-speed attack at five-times the speed of sound.

Hypersonic Missile Launch

Weapons developers describe the projectile as a “hypersonic body shape,” and say that the prototype was fired at White Sands Missile Range from an electromagnetic gun.

“We were able to gather data, prove the ability to gather data in hypersonic regimes and take that data and share it with academia and our partners. We were able to prove our models, test out our components, technologies and subsystems,” Adam Jones, Advanced Hypersonic & Guided Weapons Division Head, Naval Surface Warfare Center, Dahlgren, told an audience last year at the 2022 Sea Air Space Symposium.

https://warriormaven.com/sea/hypersonic-missile
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
IF all the damage being done to the military by Biden and Milley can be undone by then. :crossed:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Do hypersonic missiles cause a sonic boom?

Prediction ... Green commies will oppose hypersonic missile testing because of noise pollution; just like they helped kill the Concorde Jet.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 04:12:50 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright