Author Topic: Giant mirrors to reflect sunlight away from Earth may be needed to hit climate targets, UN says  (Read 654 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Giant mirrors to reflect sunlight away from Earth may be needed to hit climate targets, UN says

Anthony Cuthbertson
Tue, February 28, 2023 at 9:15 AM CST

Giant space mirrors could reflect solar radiation away from Earth (SPL)

Giant mirrors positioned to reflect sunlight back into space may be needed to meet climate targets, according to a report from the United Nations.

Solar radiation modification (SRM), also known as solar geoengineering, is among the proposals from the UN Environment Programme to use radical technology to avoid a climate emergency.

“SRM is the only known approach that could be used to cool the Earth within a few years,” the report, compiled by an expert panel of climate scientists, stated.

“Climate model simulations consistently show that SRM could offset some of the effects of increasing greenhouse gases on global and regional climate, including carbon and water cycles, but there could be substantial residual or overcompensating climate change at the regional scales.”

The report found that more research is needed to be undertaken in order to better understand the environmental and social impacts of geoengineering technologies.

more
https://news.yahoo.com/giant-mirrors-reflect-sunlight-away-151531606.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
We're here folks....

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
compiled by an expert panel of climate scientists

I would trust a room full of Gender Studies grads  before this so-called "group of scientists'.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
So the UN decides that a decades old bit of lunacy is a great new idea? A stupid idea proposed by stupid people who have no idea how the Earth works but are more than happy to dick with it. Let's put these morons in their own little biosphere and cut the the suns light and warmth to the same degree they are proposing and let them live in their hypothesis first.

Online mountaineer

In my part of the country, we see too little sunlight as it is. wth.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What could possibly go wrong?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
What could possibly go wrong?

7 years bad luck when it breaks?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
For all you've given Lord, I stand amazed.
Salvation covers me, forever changed!
In all I could not be, You met every need!
My sin, my broken life, Your cross, Your sacrifice
My hopelessness, my shame, Your faithfulness,  Your grace
The greatest mystery, Your awesome love for me.