Author Topic: San Francisco reparations panel reveals how it decided on $5M per Black person  (Read 247 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
February 28, 2023 9:04am EST
San Francisco reparations panel on how it decided on $5M per Black person: ‘There wasn’t a math formula'
San Francisco city supervisors say $5 million is unrealistic
By Anders Hagstrom | Fox News

San Francisco's panel on reparations explained on Tuesday how it came to its recent recommendation that qualifying Black residents should receive $5 million each.

The city's African American Reparations Advisory Committee unveiled its recommendation in January, arguing that the city owed compensation to Black residents for decades of discrimination. The committee's chair, consultant Eric McDonnell, now says the $5 million number came as a result of a "journey" rather than a "math formula."

"There wasn’t a math formula," McDonnell told The Washington Post. "It was a journey for the committee towards what could represent a significant enough investment in families to put them on this path to economic well-being, growth and vitality that chattel slavery and all the policies that flowed from it destroyed."

While slavery was never legal in San Francisco, reparations activists say the city imposed decades of racist policies that economically harmed Black residents.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/san-francisco-reparations-panel-decided-5m-per-black-person-wasnt-math-formula
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

:facepalm2:

How about this:  We'll restore everyone who asks for it to the position they would have occupied had their ancestors not been enslaved by other Africans - we'll strip them of all assets in excess of the current median level of assets for the part of Africa that their ancestors originally came from, we'll strip them of their U.S. citizenship (electing to take the package will be treated as an expatriating event under U.S. citizenship law), and we'll drop them back in the same godforsaken land their ancestors originally came from, with a free one-way economy-class airline ticket.

Restoration to the status quo ante, and we won't even risk-weight it by the risks that they, or their ancestors, would have been killed in Africa's constant warfare.

Offline LMAO

I’m not surprised that they didn’t use math. Leftists don’t believe in math.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy