Author Topic: How Should The Navy Power Its Next Destroyer?  (Read 110 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
How Should The Navy Power Its Next Destroyer?
« on: February 28, 2023, 02:37:38 pm »
How Should The Navy Power Its Next Destroyer?
Loren Thompson
Senior Contributor

Feb 27, 2023,11:38am EST

The U.S. Navy has begun development of a successor to the DDG-51 Arleigh Burke class of destroyers. It plans to commence construction of what is currently known as the DDG(X) in 2030, with an eye to replacing all of its remaining Ticonderoga-class cruisers and its oldest Burke destroyers—49 warships in all.

DDG(X) will thus be the Navy’s biggest surface-combatant construction program through mid-century. Once work commences on the lead ship, production of the Burke class will gradually cease, leaving DDG(X) and a companion frigate called the Constellation class as the nation’s only programs for modernizing the fleet of surface combatants.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lorenthompson/2023/02/27/how-should-the-navy-power-its-next-destroyer/?sh=6a62211d52ea
« Last Edit: February 28, 2023, 02:38:24 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: How Should The Navy Power Its Next Destroyer?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2023, 02:39:56 pm »
Considering the military's first obligation is to protect the environment and not America, I think enormous teams of dolphins pulling them is a good choice! :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson