Author Topic: Chaos in Laredo: Texas Attorney General Investigating Voter Fraud  (Read 327 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Texas Scorecard by  David Vasquez February 27, 2023

Attorney General Ken Paxton’s office is investigating a Laredo City Council race.

After it was discovered that at least 11 illegal votes were cast in the November 2022 election for the Laredo City Council District 2 race, the Texas attorney general’s office is stepping in to investigate alleged voter fraud.

The race for the District 2 seat originally saw current City Councilmember Daisy Campos-Rodriguez win by a margin of just six votes. In early February, however, a judge ruled that the illegal votes were enough to change the results of the election, and Ricardo Rangel was declared the winner.

Following the judge’s ruling to overturn the results, Campos-Rodriguez filed an appeal. The Laredo City Council passed a vote of no confidence in Campos-Rodriguez and requested she resign from the council, but she has refused and remains in office.

In response to the vote of no confidence, The Laredo Morning Times reports that Campos-Rodriguez asserted, “Despite all the half-truths and misrepresentations circulating, I know that I did absolutely nothing wrong and that I am the real candidate the genuine residents of District 2 voted for.”

More: https://texasscorecard.com/local/chaos-in-laredo-texas-attorney-general-investigating-voter-fraud/