Author Topic: 'Jesus Revolution' More Than Doubles Industry Estimates at Box Office on Opening Weekend  (Read 263 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
'Jesus Revolution' More Than Doubles Industry Estimates at Box Office on Opening Weekend
Randy DeSoto, The Western Journal   By Randy DeSoto, The Western Journal
Published February 27, 2023 at 2:15pm

The film “Jesus Revolution” more than doubled industry estimates, taking in over $15 million at the weekend box office and earning a third place finish overall.

Deadline reported that the story about the Jesus movement in the late 1960s and 70s was forecasted to earn between $6 million and $7 million in ticket sales.

The movie earned an A+ CinemaScore rating from movie goers and a 99 percent audience rating from Rotten Tomatoes, meaning the audience loved it, though critics gave it mixed reviews at 55 percent.

For “Jesus Revolution” director Jon Erwin, it was the fourth time one of his films earned an A+ rating, which CinemaScore President Harold Mintz pointed out is “unprecedented” going back to when the firm began releasing results in 1986.

https://thefederalistpapers.org/us/jesus-revolution-doubles-industry-estimates-box-office-opening-weekend
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Idiot

'Jesus Revolution' More Than Doubles Industry Estimates at Box Office on Opening Weekend
Randy DeSoto, The Western Journal   By Randy DeSoto, The Western Journal
Published February 27, 2023 at 2:15pm

The film “Jesus Revolution” more than doubled industry estimates, taking in over $15 million at the weekend box office and earning a third place finish overall.

Deadline reported that the story about the Jesus movement in the late 1960s and 70s was forecasted to earn between $6 million and $7 million in ticket sales.

The movie earned an A+ CinemaScore rating from movie goers and a 99 percent audience rating from Rotten Tomatoes, meaning the audience loved it, though critics gave it mixed reviews at 55 percent.

For “Jesus Revolution” director Jon Erwin, it was the fourth time one of his films earned an A+ rating, which CinemaScore President Harold Mintz pointed out is “unprecedented” going back to when the firm began releasing results in 1986.

https://thefederalistpapers.org/us/jesus-revolution-doubles-industry-estimates-box-office-opening-weekend
I guess I'll have to wait until video, since I refuse to give theaters my money.

Online mountaineer

I saw the movie on Saturday and thought it was a good representation of what started sweeping through the land in the late 1960s.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org