Author Topic: LA Mayor Bass calls to root out ‘right-wing extremist’ police, signals lowering the bar for new recr  (Read 581 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 February 26, 2023 5:01pm EST
LA Mayor Bass calls to root out ‘right-wing extremist’ police, signals lowering the bar for new recruits
Bass also stated she is seeking to tackle the ongoing staff shortages in the department

By Haley Chi-Sing | Fox News

Los Angeles Mayor Karen Bass called to remove "obstacles" for new police recruits and pledged to root out officers with ties to "right-wing domestic extremist organizations."

Bass is looking to remove "obstacles" for police recruits who fail to initially qualify for training as a means of further diversifying the LAPD, according to a summary of her public safety goals obtained by Fox News Digital – but police union leaders are questioning the move.

Bass' summary of goals for police reform includes a list of provisions as well as dates by which the department must report back regarding progress. One provision says a deputy mayor will work in conjunction with a "third party" to "evaluate the personnel process and identify obstacles to entry for recruits who fail to qualify for training."

"We think that particular provision or that goal or that idea is dangerous," Tom Saggau, Los Angeles Police Protective League (LAPPL) spokesperson, told Fox News Digital.

"If you have police officers that can't make minimum qualifications or attained minimum standards, for instance, there are recruits that have been in the academy that just can't score the minimum requirements for a physical fitness test," he added. "One hundred is the maximum score, 50 is acceptable. There are folks that are scoring under 10. That's just dangerous."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/la-mayor-bass-calls-root-out-right-wing-extremist-police-signals-lowering-bar-new-recruits
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Offline mountaineer

Elections have consequences.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
With leadership like bASS I am pretty sure that competent officers(bASS calls them right wing extremist but I'm sure that's code for WHITE) will be retiring, resigning, medical disabilating off the force in ever increasing numbers and they will have no choice but to take the incompetent recruits.

My SIL is running a framing and drywall crew on a very large mixed use commercial/residence high rise in LA and they have to pass through large numbers of homeless, alcoholics and drug users every day and often the workers on the project find their cars broken into. It's so bad that the workers go armed, screw the permit, Los Angeles is a sewer.

Offline LMAO

I have no idea if you can, or should, try to fix California.

Everything seems so out of control in California that it should be Exhibit A why you don’t vote for Democrats
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

I have no idea if you can, or should, try to fix California.

Everything seems so out of control in California that it should be Exhibit A why you don’t vote for Democrats

:thumbsup:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
California cannot be fixed.
Not now.
It will have to crash, and burn... to ashes. Literally.
Perhaps then it will pull itself back up by the bootstraps.
But I wouldn't expect to see even that.

I -could- see CA splitting off into its own nation, and aligning itself with Mexico.
Or perhaps with the Chinese (who would no doubt welcome California into its "Belt and Road" program...).