Author Topic: US vows to send more drones, aid to Ukraine on war’s anniversary  (Read 124 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US vows to send more drones, aid to Ukraine on war’s anniversary
By Joe Gould
 Feb 24, 05:01 AM

WASHINGTON ― The Pentagon announced Friday morning it would send more drones to Ukraine as part of a new $2 billion package to help in the country’s fight against Russia on the first anniversary of the invasion.

The new $2 billion in aid includes more ammunition for High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems, more ammunition for 155mm artillery and more munitions for unspecified laser-guided rocket systems. It also includes unspecified counter-drone and electronic warfare detection equipment.

The Pentagon plans to contract for the gear under the Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative, which allows the Biden administration to buy weapons from industry rather than draw from U.S. weapon supplies.

The funds would go toward the purchase of a new weapon for Ukraine: the Altius 600, a small drone with a range of 276 miles and endurance of more than 4 hours. The manufacturer, Anduril subsidiary Area-I, has said the system can operate as a loitering munition.

https://www.defensenews.com/pentagon/2023/02/24/us-vows-to-send-more-drones-aid-to-ukraine-on-wars-anniversary/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: US vows to send more drones, aid to Ukraine on war’s anniversary
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2023, 03:51:43 pm »
Look Ma..... No hands!!!!!!

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.