Author Topic: Paul Ryan Will Skip Republican National Convention if Trump Wins Primary  (Read 3166 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

I'm honestly not sure what point you were trying to make there.  My point was that it is primary voters, not the "elites", that decide who the nominee is going to be.   

@Maj. Bill Martin

An interesting theory. Yes,that IS the way it is supposed to be,but it is a closed game now and it seems like there are a lot of voters that like it that way because it will keep "rude orange man" out of the WH if they stick together and steal another election.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
@Maj. Bill Martin

An interesting theory. Yes,that IS the way it is supposed to be, but it is a closed game now and it seems like there are a lot of voters that like it that way because it will keep "rude orange man" out of the WH if they stick together and steal another election.

@sneakypete

If there are a "lot of voters" who stick together and vote for someone else, how is that "stealing" another election from Trump versus him just losing to someone else who got more votes?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2023, 04:08:47 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online LMAO

Trump endorses Paul Ryan, John McCain

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/trump-endorses-paul-ryan-226729?_amp=true

Many Trumpers are an interesting breed

We are told to ignore many of his liberal positions, his shady character, donations to Democrats including  the likes of Harry Reid and Kamala Harris, his endorsement of people like McCain and Ronna McDaniel, ect Ect

But, because DeSantis voted with Ryan a few times and said hello to him a few times, well, that makes him part of the GOP globalist Soros backed RINO establishment. And a picture of a younger Ron DeSantis at a party, where there was some teens that may have been drinking  under age, with no context whatsoever, well, that makes Ron DeSantis the lowest of the lowlife individuals, while dismissing Trump’s own and known shady associations, especially with the likes of Jeffrey Epstein

They don’t realize how confused they sound to us. Although I think it’s more panic than anything.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2023, 10:35:08 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online LMAO

@sneakypete

If there are a "lot of voters" who stick together and vote for someone else, how is that "stealing" another election from Trump versus him just losing to someone else who got more votes?

Because they believe Trump is entitled to the nomination, and the presidency, and everybody else should just step aside

Hillary Clinton believed she was entitled. It didn’t work out for her very well.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline cato potatoe

They don’t realize how confused they sound to us. Although I think it’s more panic than anything.

I would like to know when Paul Ryan became a RINO globalizer.  Was it after he left office?  Not only did Trump gush about Ryan, but he vetoed zero bills from the 115th congress. 

Online Maj. Bill Martin

I would like to know when Paul Ryan became a RINO globalizer.  Was it after he left office?  Not only did Trump gush about Ryan, but he vetoed zero bills from the 115th congress.

Ryan turned into a RINO globalist in Trump's mind the moment he assigned some blame to Trump for January 6.  It's his go-to epithet for anything anyone does that aggravates him, regardless of whether it has anything to do with globalism or not.

Kind of reminds me of my paternal grandfather and communists, where any person who did anything wrong became a communist.  When he was living in Florida and the snowbirds all came down for the winter and clogged the roads, they were "communists".  If a contractor did his job poorly, he was a communist.  And if course, even in the 70's, every Democrat was a communist too.

That's Trump and his use of "RINO/Globalist". 
« Last Edit: March 03, 2023, 03:43:46 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Ryan turned into a RINO globalist in Trump's mind the moment he assigned some blame to Trump for January 6.
Nope.  It was actually after this @Maj. Bill Martin :

Trump says Paul Ryan reneged on deal to fund border wall
CBS News, Jan 31, 2019

President Trump said in an interview published Wednesday night that former House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., reneged on a deal to fund the border wall while Republicans controlled both houses of Congress. In an interview with the conservative website The Daily Caller, Mr. Trump said Ryan promised to fund the wall if the president signed the 2018 spending bill.

"Well, I was going to veto the omnibus bill and Paul told me in the strongest of language, 'Please don't do that. We'll get you the wall.' And I said, 'I hope you mean that, because I don't like this bill,"' Mr. Trump said. "Paul told me in the strongest of terms that, 'Please sign this and if you sign this we will get you that wall.' Which is desperately needed by our country. Humanitarian crisis, trafficking, drugs, you know, everything — people, criminals, gangs, so, you know, we need the wall."

The president signed the $1.3 trillion spending bill in March to avoid a government shutdown. Hours later, he voiced regrets.

"I will never sign another bill like this again," Mr. Trump said at the time. "I'm not going to do it again. Nobody read it. It's only hours old."

Mr. Trump's comments to the Daily Caller came just days after he inked a bill to reopen the government after a record 35-day shutdown. The bill also didn't include funding for his border wall.

"I was very disappointed in Paul because the wall was so desperately needed. And I'll get the wall," Mr. Trump said.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-daily-caller-interview-paul-ryan-border-wall-mueller-investigation-2019-01-31/#

And then Ryan skipped out of town, taking 34 House Republicans with him paving the way for the Pelosi Speakership and the impeachment of President Trump.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2023, 04:32:15 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Hoodat

Trump waited until after Ryan left office to make those comments.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Maj. Bill Martin

Trump waited until after Ryan left office to make those comments.

The issue was never Ryan and the House, but the Senate.  Ryan had put money for the wall in earlier proposals but they could never get it through Senate Democrats who only needed 41 votes to kill it.   So either nothing gets passed, or you pass what you can and try to get wall funding later.

You can disagree about which which strategy was better, but calling Ryan a RINO/Globalist for pushing the only deal that could actually get through is just childish. It also highlights one of Trump's worst flaws - that he never really understood the mechanics of government. He was so used to running his own companies where he didn't have to get approval from anyone else that the whole balance of powers is something that seemed to flummox him repeatedly.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2023, 05:24:00 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Kamaji

The issue was never Ryan and the House, but the Senate.  Ryan had put money for the wall in earlier proposals but they could never get it through Senate Democrats who only needed 41 votes to kill it.   So either nothing gets passed, or you pass what you can and try to get wall funding later.

You can disagree about which which strategy was better, but calling Ryan a RINO/Globalist for pushing the only deal that could actually get through is just childish. It also highlights one of Trump's worst flaws - that he never really understood the mechanics of government.

:thumbsup:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

You can disagree about which which strategy was better, but calling Ryan a RINO/Globalist for pushing the only deal that could actually get through is just childish. It also highlights one of Trump's worst flaws - that he never really understood the mechanics of government.

Nope.  You're just wrong.  Again.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

@Maj. Bill Martin

Because they are mindless drones,not conscious,thinking people. They would be Dims,but registered to the wrong party by accident and are too stuborn to admit they made a mistake.

Offline roamer_1

Because they are mindless drones,not conscious,thinking people. They would be Dims,but registered to the wrong party by accident and are too stuborn to admit they made a mistake.

Neither of which is empirically true at all, @sneakypete .

In my case, I have always thought Tumpy a chooch. And he has done nothing to dissuade me of that. But more than that, What he has done to fiscal conservatism and to libertarianism is more grievous than ANYONE I can think of.

I walked away from Boosh way before his 'Too big to Fail' - But that was certainly his biggest failure of all. Well, that was orders of magnitude beneath Tumpy's cost.

For that ALONE, he deserves no credit, and certainly no second chance.

That is a very legit b*tch and I am certainly not the only one looking at the numbers.

And that alone is NO MISTAKE.
It's a bare fact.

Oh HELL no.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2023, 03:01:12 pm by roamer_1 »

Online Maj. Bill Martin

@sneakypete

So to summarize: 

@sneakypete

And your response:

@Maj. Bill Martin

So Republican primary voters who prefer someone other than Trump are not "conscious, thinking people", and if they outvote Trump supporters, then the election has been "stolen" from Trump, and is illegitimate.  Glad we got your view of what constitutes a "stolen" election out in the open - It's any election that Trump loses.

Got it!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For the record, I am not "sold" on anybody at this time.  I find the early onset mudflinging very distasteful, and that impacts one candidate today.  He and his supporters are driving me away from him.  On the other side, Ryan is also driving me somewhere. 

Just like 2016...nobody's pulling but rather just pushing me away.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

For the record, I am not "sold" on anybody at this time.  I find the early onset mudflinging very distasteful, and that impacts one candidate today.  He and his supporters are driving me away from him.  On the other side, Ryan is also driving me somewhere. 

That's right. That's REALLY right. It's bad enough to have to put up with in its time. Wading in this early is ridiculous.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

I think that general sentiment -- just getting tired of all the negativity/mudslinging -- is increasingly common.  Best strategy for challengers is just to avoid it for as long as possible.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I think that general sentiment -- just getting tired of all the negativity/mudslinging -- is increasingly common.  Best strategy for challengers is just to avoid it for as long as possible.

Which appears to be DeSantis's strategy.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
That's right. That's REALLY right. It's bad enough to have to put up with in its time. Wading in this early is ridiculous.

And that's right too.  Too early in the season for this crap. Can't we have a break here?
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

So to summarize: 

And your response:

So Republican primary voters who prefer someone other than Trump are not "conscious, thinking people", and if they outvote Trump supporters, then the election has been "stolen" from Trump, and is illegitimate. Glad we got your view of what constitutes a "stolen" election out in the open - It's any election that Trump loses.

Got it!

@Maj. Bill Martin

Happy to help you get your hissy-fit of the day  out of your system.

Online LMAO

For the record, I am not "sold" on anybody at this time. 

Same here. I'm leaning towards DeSantis as of now but, should he run, I will hear what he has to say along with his record outside of Trump's 15 year old jilted girl temper tantrums

Barry Goldwater

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

:yowsa: I'm still on the Trump train but barely at this point in time.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline corbe

I was at the original Train Station in '15, I knew it would wreck.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Same here. I'm leaning towards DeSantis as of now but, should he run, I will hear what he has to say along with his record outside of Trump's 15 year old jilted girl temper tantrums

Exactly.  We are only viewing the Fun House Mirror images of what DeSantis will do.
I will NOT comply.