Author Topic: Paul Ryan Will Skip Republican National Convention if Trump Wins Primary  (Read 3126 times)

Offline Kamaji

Re: Paul Ryan Will Skip Republican National Convention if Trump Wins Primary
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2023, 11:27:15 pm »
Because this is a battle for control of the GOP and it is between America First and the statist globalists.

:mauslaff:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2023, 11:32:46 pm »
Because this is a battle for control of the GOP and it is between America First and the statist globalists.

You got that right.  Control of the GOP, my ass.  Trump has been the biggest friend the GOPe ever had.  But never forget, it is the GOPe that has been in control of the GOP - not Trump.  Ronna McDaniel.  Reince Priebus.  Mitch McConnell.  Kevin McCarthy.  Paul Manafort.  All supported by Trump.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2023, 11:41:24 pm »

I answered what I viewed as a legitimate and fair question from you based on real-time information I have.  @Kamaji    This is not a laughing matter and your response points to ignorance, not wit.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2023, 11:42:25 pm »
I answered what I viewed as a legitimate and fair question from you based on real-time information I have.  @Kamaji    This is not a laughing matter and your response points to ignorance, not wit.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2023, 11:44:38 pm »

So again, where does Ronna McDaniel stand?  Does she side with the America First faction or the Statist Globalist faction?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2023, 11:54:44 pm »

I was hoping for an adult, reasoned conversation with you about this issue @Kamaji  Your response is but another disappoinment.

Offline Hoodat

I was hoping for an adult, reasoned conversation with you about this issue @Kamaji  Your response is but another disappoinment.

Speaking of adult, reasoned conversation, I am having difficulty reconciling the reason in this questionable dichotomy you offered when you said:

I asked you which side Ronna McDaniel falls on.  Which is it?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Why are we playing "Chicken" with ourselves instead of gunning for the Democrats?

Apparently, because the rest of us need to be taught a "tough lesson".

Online Maj. Bill Martin

Maj. Martin predicts:
"Truth is, I don't think 30% of the GOP will sit out the 2024 election if Trump isn't the nominee"

I can't speak for the rest, but I can speak for myself.

If Mr. Trump is on the ballot, I'll put my mark there.
You can take that to the bank, sir.

If Mr. DeSantis is on the ballot, I'll [probably] put my mark there.

But anyone else?
Nikki Haley?
That guy with the funny name?
Just about anyone other than that?
Probably not. I'll just leave that spot blank.
I'm done voting for "Republicans" like that.

Nothing wrong with not voting for a candidate you don't like.  If the only two you can tolerate are Trump and perhaps DeSantis, that's fine.

I was addressing the specific tweet posted by someone above from Loomer, saying that there were 30% or so who would not vote for the GOP nominee unless it was Trump, just  to teach the rest of us a "tough lesson".

It's the "teach a lesson" stuff I think is crap.  If you think the nominee is terrible, then don't vote for them.  But a blanket refusal not to vote for anyone else, just to "teach a lesson", is both irrational and childish.

Offline corbe

Let's go for Round 3, what have we to lose?

He barely won in 16, against the most hated Woman on this planet. He lost miserably against an Alzheimer's patient that campaigned from his Delaware basement.

How stupid are some of these Folks?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
 :hands:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
THAT's really going to leave a mark!  :rolling:
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Why are we playing "Chicken" with ourselves instead of gunning for the Democrats?

@Kamaji

Because due to the influx of undercover (and "out in the open) Dims in the RINO Party,circular firing squads are neccessary.

Hell,they are a freaking tradition.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
But but, not voting for Trump is voting for the democrat, we were ALL beat with that stick, so she is saying that she and 30% of republicans (she can apparently speak for) will be voting for the democrat :silly: :silly: :silly:

@GtHawk

If you are going to vote for a Dim anyhow,you might as well go ahead and vote for one that is "out" instead of a Dim pretending to be a Republican.

And trust me,if Trump is not the nominee,it will be one of the "usual RINO suspects" because like it or not,THEY ARE the ones that control the alleged Republican Party.

Don't let that bother any  of you,though. Go ahead and vote for a RINO because they are neither orange or rude,if that is what you need to feel better about yourselves.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 02:40:33 am by sneakypete »

Offline LMAO

Let's go for Round 3, what have we to lose?

He barely won in 16, against the most hated Woman on this planet. He lost miserably against an Alzheimer's patient that campaigned from his Delaware basement.

How stupid are some of these Folks?

You got to give the Democrats some credit

At least they’re not stupid enough to renominate Hillary Clinton
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
@GtHawk

If you are going to vote for a Dim anyhow,you might as well go ahead and vote for one that is "out" instead of a Dim pretending to be a Republican.

And trust me,if Trump is not the nominee,it will be one of the "usual RINO suspects" because like it or not,THEY ARE the ones that control the alleged Republican Party.

Don't let that bother any  of you,though. Go ahead and vote for a RINO because they are neither orange or rude,if that is what you need to feel better about yourselves.
Pete, that's not my idea in my post, that is specifically what Trumps greatest advocate told anyone who said they just weren't going to vote for a presidential candidate, they said we were voting for the democrat by abstaining. It looks like you are of the same opinion, and yet there is someone claiming 30% of republicans will abstain from voting the top line if Trump is not the candidate and that's just honky dory. People just can't have it both ways. Oh and I really don't give a rat's ass that Trump is rude, when he uses rude appropriately it's a plus, what I do care about is Trump not being able to control himself and not say stupid ass things.

Online DefiantMassRINO

How did bolting from the GOP to run as a 3rd party candidate work for Pat Buchanan in 1996?

Trump will be Trump.

Paul Ryan will not be missed.

Ronna McDaniel is Trump's shadow; no substance.  Aside from Romney family nepotism, what qualifies Ronna to be GOP national chair?  She has yet to preside over a single positive election cycle.
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Nothing wrong with not voting for a candidate you don't like.  If the only two you can tolerate are Trump and perhaps DeSantis, that's fine.

I was addressing the specific tweet posted by someone above from Loomer, saying that there were 30% or so who would not vote for the GOP nominee unless it was Trump, just  to teach the rest of us a "tough lesson".

It's the "teach a lesson" stuff I think is crap.  If you think the nominee is terrible, then don't vote for them.  But a blanket refusal not to vote for anyone else, just to "teach a lesson", is both irrational and childish.

Might the lesson be Republican establishment candidates are crap and a significant portion of your base are forever done with them?

Offline Hoodat

Might the lesson be Republican establishment candidates are crap and a significant portion of your base are forever done with them?

@Right_in_Virginia , where does Ronna McDaniel fall in this?  Is she "Republican establishment"?

Again, in your "battle for control of the GOP", is Ronna McDaniel in the "America First" camp or the "statist globalists" camp?  I'm "hoping for an adult, reasoned conversation with you about this issue".

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Maj. Bill Martin

@sneakypete

And trust me,if Trump is not the nominee,it will be one of the "usual RINO suspects" because like it or not, THEY ARE the ones that control the alleged Republican Party.

No, they are not, and 2016 proved that in spades.  The "usual RINO suspects" hated and despised Trump in 2016, but couldn't stop him for the simple reason that too few rank and file Republican voters shared that sentiment.

The voters have ultimate control over who wins the nomination.  If Trump wins the nomination in 2024, it's because the primary voters wanted him as the nominee for the third straight time.  And if Trump loses, it'll be because the voters did not want Trump again.  I know it may be more emotionally satisfying to blame a defeat on the evil elites rather than on the free choices made by other voters, but that's just self-delusion.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Paul Ryan is going to boycott the RNC because Trump??

How can we ever recover from that?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Maj. Bill Martin

Paul Ryan is going to boycott the RNC because Trump??

How can we ever recover from that?

I think there are two different ways to look at his comment.

The first way is that he believes that his boycotting Trump's presence would have an adverse impact on Trump's campaign. In which case, I agree with all the criticism of him for believing he is more important than he is.  If he just made that comment out of the blue, on his own initiative, than this is the likely explanation.

But if someone asked him a question, and he was just answering honestly, then I don't think it's necessarily fair to criticize him for having an inflated sense of his own importance.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

No, they are not, and 2016 proved that in spades.  The "usual RINO suspects" hated and despised Trump in 2016, but couldn't stop him for the simple reason that too few rank and file Republican voters shared that sentiment.

The voters have ultimate control over who wins the nomination.  If Trump wins the nomination in 2024, it's because the primary voters wanted him as the nominee for the third straight time.  And if Trump loses, it'll be because the voters did not want Trump again.  I know it may be more emotionally satisfying to blame a defeat on the evil elites rather than on the free choices made by other voters, but that's just self-delusion.

@Maj. Bill Martin

Uhhh,yeah. The internationalists are now  in total control of the DNC,and mostly control the RNC.

In addition,the left basically controls all aspects of the media.

Yet,you and others like you don't want to "rock the boat" by voting for someone who is not a professional life-long politician.

That's a lot like shooting yourself in the foot before entering a dance contest,and expecting to win.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2023, 11:07:15 pm by sneakypete »

Online Maj. Bill Martin

@Maj. Bill Martin

Uhhh,yeah. The internationalists are now  in total control of the DNC,and mostly control the RNC.

In addition,the left basically controls all aspects of the media.

Yet,you and others like you don't want to "rock the boat" by voting for someone who is not a professional life-long politician.

That's a lot like shooting yourself in the foot before entering a dance contest,and expecting to win.

@sneakypete

I'm honestly not sure what point you were trying to make there.  My point was that it is primary voters, not the "elites", that decide who the nominee is going to be.  Unless you want to argue that the Trumpers like you who voted for Trump in the 2016 primary are actually the RINO elite, how can you dispute that?

Second, I did vote for Trump in both 2016 and 2020.  The reason I will not vote for him in 2024 is that he has gone full populists, and I'm not a populist.  I'm a small-government conservative.

Online cato potatoe