Author Topic: Paul Ryan Will Skip Republican National Convention if Trump Wins Primary  (Read 3127 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Paul Ryan Will Skip Republican National Convention if Trump Wins Primary 

Wendell Husebø 25 Feb 2023

Paul Ryan, a member of the Fox Corporation Board of Directors, said this weekend he will skip the 2024 Republican National Convention if former President Donald Trump wins the Republican Party primary.

In an interview on WISN ABC, Ryan was asked where he would be during the 2024 convention held in Milwaukee.

“Where will you be?” the host asked.

“It depends on who the nominee is,” Ryan replied. “I’ll be here if it’s not named somebody Trump.”

“You won’t show up if it’s someone —,” the host said before Ryan quickly cut in.

“Yeah, I’m not interested in participating, no,” Ryan retorted.

“Even if in Wisconsin?” the host asked.

Ryan replied, “Even Wisconsin”:

more
https://www.breitbart.com/2024-election/2023/02/25/paul-ryan-will-skip-republican-national-convention-if-trump-wins-primary/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
And the downside is what exactly? One less traitor in attendance. BFD!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2023, 03:05:16 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Shut up Ryan...   That helps Trump.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hilarious: Paul Ryan's Attack on Donald Trump as 2024 Nominee Doesn't Have Effect He'd Hoped
By Nick Arama | 11:00 PM on February 25, 2023

It’s been a long time since former House Speaker Paul Ryan had any relevance to the base of the Republican Party.

He’s long since been dismissed. But that hasn’t stopped him from thinking that, somehow, what he says holds some sway.

Ryan sat down with WITI Milwaukee’s Jason Calvi, and he said that he would not be attending the upcoming 2024 Republican National Convention if President Donald Trump was the nominee. “It depends on who the nominee is. I’ll be here [in Milwaukee at the convention] if it’s someone not named Trump.”

https://twitter.com/mattsmith_news/status/1629147406020272128

“You won’t show up if it’s Trump?” Calvi asked.

“I’m not interested in participating in that, no,” Ryan responded. He claimed that Trump cost the Republicans seats in the last few elections and that if he ran again, Republicans would lose.

more
https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2023/02/25/hilarious-paul-ryans-attack-on-donald-trump-as-2024-nominee-doesnt-have-effect-hed-hoped-n708590
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Here’s a guy that was just as bad as Trump, possibly worse, on giving Nancy Pelosi her spending wishes
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Here’s a guy that was just as bad as Trump, possibly worse, on giving Nancy Pelosi her spending wishes

Yep, he was a RINO incarnate. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Ryan hates Trump because Ryan's central issue was always entitlement reform, and Trump has publicly blasted both that concept in general, and Ryan specifically for bringing it up at all.

You probably couldn't find two people in the Republican Party further apart on that issue than those two.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Shut up Ryan...   That helps Trump.

Ryan attacking Trump is like Soros praising DeSantis.   88devil

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Paul Ryan Will Skip Republican National Convention if Trump Wins"

"Paul Ryan comes across so smug & pompous. He is the epitome of the old establishment GOP that has drained the Republican Party for years." (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/shawnpisteySC/status/1629684482558050304

Offline LMAO

Re: Paul Ryan Will Skip Republican National Convention if Trump Wins Primary
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2023, 11:41:21 pm »
"Paul Ryan Will Skip Republican National Convention if Trump Wins"

Lol
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2023, 11:47:50 pm »
Laura Loomer
@LauraLoomer

Around 30% of GOP voters are #OnlyTrump.

If Trump is not the nominee, 30% or more of GOP voters (including myself) will stay home, & the GOP will just learn a tough lesson.

Two can play this game, Paul!

Dems will win in 2024 if Trump is not the nominee. Millions won’t vote.

12:49 AM · Feb 26, 2023

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2023, 11:52:01 pm »
Ryan has proved himself a real idiot.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2023, 09:38:48 pm »

https://twitter.com/LauraLoomer/status/1629720281114718210

Exactly what "tough lesson" is going to be learned, and by whom?

If Trump doesn't win the 2024 nomination, it'll be because a majority of GOP primary voters preferred someone else.  Not "the party", not "the elites" or "the establishment", but ordinary voters.  So it must be all of us other primary voters who must be "taught that lesson" by this 30%.  But exactly what is that lesson we're going to be taught for future elections?  That we must vote for whichever future candidate (obviously not Trump) Loomer and her friends chooses to support in future elections?  That the rest of us must subordinate our preferences to those of a self-admitted minority?  I don't think so....

Truth is, I don't think 30% of the GOP will sit out the 2024 election if Trump isn't the nominee.  It'll be some smaller percentage -- perhaps still enough to swing the election -- but not 30%.  So personally, I'm just going to call the bluff of those electoral blackmailers, and vote for the most conservative candidate I believe can win.  And that won't be Trump.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2023, 09:41:39 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2023, 09:52:53 pm »

If Trump doesn't win the 2024 nomination, it'll be because a majority of GOP primary voters preferred someone else.  Not "the party", not "the elites" or "the establishment", but ordinary voters.  So it must be all of us other primary voters who must be "taught that lesson" by this 30%.  But exactly what is that lesson we're going to be taught for future elections?  That we must vote for whichever future candidate (obviously not Trump) Loomer and her friends chooses to support in future elections?  That the rest of us must subordinate our preferences to those of a self-admitted minority?  I don't think so....

Truth is, I don't think 30% of the GOP will sit out the 2024 election if Trump isn't the nominee.  It'll be some smaller percentage -- perhaps still enough to swing the election -- but not 30%.  So personally, I'm just going to call the bluff of those electoral blackmailers, and vote for the most conservative candidate I believe can win.  And that won't be Trump.

Same dipshits blasted anyone who didn't bow down and kiss the orange oracle's ass in '16 and '20.

A '24 potential loss is all on them now, and we  won't forget.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2023, 10:28:40 pm »

https://twitter.com/LauraLoomer/status/1629720281114718210

Why are we playing "Chicken" with ourselves instead of gunning for the Democrats?

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2023, 10:30:23 pm »

Same dipshits blasted anyone who didn't bow down and kiss the orange oracle's ass in '16 and '20.

A '24 potential loss is all on them now, and we  won't forget.

I think what Loomer is saying is in reply to Paul Ryan promising to boycott Trump if he wins the nomination @catfish1957   ---- that Ryan should be careful of the dynamics he is openly putting into play.  This same dynamic, should it take hold, has the very real potential to bite Ryan and his candidate in the ass in the 2024 national election.

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2023, 10:33:02 pm »
Why are we playing "Chicken" with ourselves instead of gunning for the Democrats?

Because this is a battle for control of the GOP and it is between America First and the statist globalists.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2023, 10:34:05 pm »
I think what Loomer is saying is in reply to Paul Ryan promising to boycott Trump if he wins the nomination @catfish1957   ---- that Ryan should be careful of the dynamics he is openly putting into play.  This same dynamic, should it take hold, has the very real potential to bite Ryan and his candidate in the ass in the 2024 national election.

Outside his Fox gig, which is really more adminstrative than editorial, who really gives a rat's ass  what this has-been thinks? 

Meh thinks he is missing the spotlight, and trying to sound relevant

Online Hoodat

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2023, 10:34:57 pm »
Because this is a battle for control of the GOP and it is between America First and the statist globalists.

Between those two, where does Ronna McDaniel fall?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2023, 11:07:03 pm »

But but, not voting for Trump is voting for the democrat, we were ALL beat with that stick, so she is saying that she and 30% of republicans (she can apparently speak for) will be voting for the democrat :silly: :silly: :silly:

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2023, 11:23:52 pm »
Outside his Fox gig, which is really more adminstrative than editorial, who really gives a rat's ass  what this has-been thinks? 

Meh thinks he is missing the spotlight, and trying to sound relevant

Doubt it.

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2023, 11:26:44 pm »
But but, not voting for Trump is voting for the democrat, we were ALL beat with that stick, so she is saying that she and 30% of republicans (she can apparently speak for) will be voting for the democrat :silly: :silly: :silly:

*****rollingeyes*****

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2023, 11:26:50 pm »
Maj. Martin predicts:
"Truth is, I don't think 30% of the GOP will sit out the 2024 election if Trump isn't the nominee"

I can't speak for the rest, but I can speak for myself.

If Mr. Trump is on the ballot, I'll put my mark there.
You can take that to the bank, sir.

If Mr. DeSantis is on the ballot, I'll [probably] put my mark there.

But anyone else?
Nikki Haley?
That guy with the funny name?
Just about anyone other than that?
Probably not. I'll just leave that spot blank.
I'm done voting for "Republicans" like that.