Author Topic: How Ukraine could become America’s next forever war  (Read 147 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
How Ukraine could become America’s next forever war
« on: February 26, 2023, 12:12:38 pm »
How Ukraine could become America’s next forever war
The US never had an exit strategy for Iraq and Afghanistan. Does it have one for Ukraine?

By Jonathan Guyer
Feb 24, 2023, 6:00am EST

The United States is good at getting involved in wars and not as good at getting out of them.

A year on, the Russia-Ukraine war has no end in sight. The war is at a semi-stalemate, and both Russia and Ukraine are sticking to their demands. Ukraine has been able to defend itself against Russian aggression in large part due to the $29.8 billion worth of weapons and equipment that the US has sent so far. While the US has hit some limits, it is sending ever more advanced weaponry and provides Ukraine with intelligence to help it target Russia more effectively. Ukraine cannot continue the war without Western military and economic support.

All of which raises the question of whether the Russia-Ukraine conflict is entering forever war territory.

https://www.vox.com/world-politics/2023/2/24/23600166/ukraine-war-biden-russia-afghanistan-iraq-aid
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: How Ukraine could become America’s next forever war
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2023, 12:13:45 pm »
Biden is far too brilliant a student of history to get caught like Kennedy/Johnson in Viet Nam did. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson