Author Topic: NYC Names Street After Nation of Islam’s ‘Adolf Hitler of the Black Man’  (Read 280 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NYC Names Street After Nation of Islam’s ‘Adolf Hitler of the Black Man’
FEB 24, 2023 5:00 PM BY DANIEL GREENFIELD9 COMMENTS
There’s no room in NYC for Teddy Roosevelt, for plenty for the racist leader of the Nation of Islam.

Nation of Islam leader Elijah Muhammad headed a racist movement that believed white people were subhuman and doomed to be exterminated. His successor as leader of the original theological movement, Louis Farrakhan, is one of the country’s most notorious bigots.

The same city which tore down the famous statue of Theodore Roosevelt outside the museum that he helped found, because he was “controversial”, just decided to name a block after Muhammad.

The New York City Council on Thursday approved a plan to name a Harlem block in honor of Elijah Muhammad, the controversial late leader of the Nation of Islam.

The bid to name the intersection of W. 127th St. and Malcolm X Boulevard as “The Most Honorable Elijah Muhammad Way” proved the most contentious element of a Council bill drawn up to tag honorary names on 129 public spaces in the city.

Muhammad, a Chicago religious leader who described white people as “devils,” is seen by some Americans as an inspirational figure for his work championing Black empowerment. But critics view him as a voice of racism and antisemitism.

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2023/02/nyc-names-street-after-adolf-hitler-of-the-black-man
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson