Author Topic: Former Black Panther Angela Davis shocked to learn she is descendant of the Mayflower  (Read 554 times)

Offline Hoodat

Former Black Panther Angela Davis shocked to learn she is descendant of the Mayflower

Alexander Hall  |  February 23, 2023  |  3:32pm

Racial activist and former fugitive Angela Davis was shocked to learn she is a Mayflower descendent on Tuesday’s episode of “Finding Your Roots” on PBS.

Davis is notorious for working with the Communist Party USA and the Black Panther Party in the 1960s and 70s. Her involvement in the armed takeover of a California courtroom resulted in four deaths and her placement on the FBI’s Most Wanted List.

Now 79, Davis was the latest to appear on the PBS show where celebrities and public figures learn about their ancestry.

Near the end of the episode, after discussing multiple members of her family, the former Black Panther learned she descended from William Brewster, one of the 101 people who came to the colonies in 1620 aboard the Mayflower.  .  .

https://twitter.com/HenryLouisGates/status/1628210213236142080

https://nypost.com/2023/02/23/former-black-panther-angela-davis-learns-shes-a-descendant-of-the-mayflower/
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Has anyone told Cackles that her ancestors held Jamaican slaves?

Gates needs to do that episode.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Has anyone told Cackles that her ancestors held Jamaican slaves?

Gates needs to do that episode.
Pretty sure her daddy did when he told the rest of the world, but much like Joe she just makes up her family history depending on what group she is talking to.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Funny thing about heritage.

A person is free to be ignorant of it, or just ignore it, and any ties to the deeds of their ancestors.

That might come in handy if your grandpa was a notorious murderer and horse thief, but sadly, it also works where people don't conceive of meeting with those who went before them some day and answering as to why they did nothing while the accomplishments their ancestors made were ignored or destroyed.

All you need to do is imagine meeting them one day.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I want her to pay for the hypocrisy of it all after repeatedly running her mouth, but beyond that this kind of stuff sounds like the Juden stars used by the Third Reich, where you have to publicly display any of the verboten and taboo blood that has been passed to you by no fault or choice of your own.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I want her to pay for the hypocrisy of it all after repeatedly running her mouth, but beyond that this kind of stuff sounds like the Juden stars used by the Third Reich, where you have to publicly display any of the verboten and taboo blood that has been passed to you by no fault or choice of your own.
It's out, now. There was a pilgrim in the woodpile somewhere...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis