Author Topic: ‘Superman’s Not Coming’: Ohioans Brace For Tough Road Ahead After Toxic Train Derailment  (Read 376 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘Superman’s Not Coming’: Ohioans Brace For Tough Road Ahead After Toxic Train Derailment

Alexa Schwerha
Contributor
February 24, 2023 9:04 PM ET

Prominent environmentalist Erin Brockovich hosted a town hall Friday evening in East Palestine, Ohio, to give residents information about steps they can consider after a Norfolk Southern train carrying hazardous chemicals derailed earlier this month.
    Brockovich and Trial Lawyer Mikel Watts spoke during the town hall and discussed the several toxic chemicals that were carried on the derailed train, the potential health implications and possible legal action residents can look into.
    “Superman’s not coming. No one is coming to change what’s happened to you, magically fix what’s happened to you or give you all the answers,” Brockovich said during the meeting.

Prominent environmentalist Erin Brockovich hosted a packed town hall meeting in East Palestine, Ohio, to give information to local residents affected by a Norfolk Southern train derailment which released toxic chemicals into the town earlier this month, the Daily Caller News Foundation observed.

Brockovich and Mikel Watts, a trial lawyer, informed residents about the action they can consider as the town continues to rebuild itself after a controlled burn was conducted on derailed cars carrying chemicals including vinyl chloride and others associated with health hazards such as cancer. The information included legal routes residents can consider, health monitoring and information about Norfolk Southern’s history of train derailments.

“Superman’s not coming. No one is coming to change what’s happened to you, magically fix what’s happened to you or give you all the answers,” Brockovich said during the meeting. “In the absence of information, sometimes we get comfortable. And I can say that because I know I have to. But we believed in something, or someone or an agency, that if there’s an issue they will in fact do the right thing by us. But in a moment like this, you will become the strongest evidence you have.”

more
https://dailycaller.com/2023/02/24/east-palestine-ohio-trainwreck/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

And these people might as well accept  that they’re not gonna get much from the White House.

Wrong race. Wrong politics.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

And these people might as well accept  that they’re not gonna get much from the White House.

Wrong race. Wrong politics.

Yup. They’d be better off if they learned a few words of Spanish, drove to Mexico, and came back in as illegals.