Author Topic: Parts of West Virginia and Maryland were blanketed with a mysterious fine white dust late Thursday e  (Read 525 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
https://gellerreport.com/2023/02/parts-of-west-virginia-and-maryland-blanketed-with-a-mysterious-fine-white-powder.html/?lctg=112046815

The Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia appeared to be hit the hardest, but there were also photos and videos being posted from as far as Winchester, Virginia, and Hagerstown, Maryland.

Local fire departments suggesting people shut windows and doors and stay inside until it can be investigated.

https://twitter.com/ChuckCallesto/status/1628979270012788736?s=20
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
That's ash or something close to it...
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online mountaineer

I've seen reports of this. The writer of this article lives in the area:
WV Department of Environmental Protection Issues Statement About Mysterious White Dust That Snowed Down in Part of the State
by Cassandra MacDonald
 Feb. 24, 2023

The West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection has issued a statement about mysterious white dust that snowed down in the Eastern Panhandle of the state, as well as parts of Virginia, Pennsylvania, and Maryland.

The agency said that while they still do not know what it is, they are not issuing a shelter in place advisory.

Hundreds of people took to social media on Thursday night to post photos and videos of the dust in the air and covering their vehicles.

“West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection (WVDEP) is working with state and local agencies to investigate large amounts of dust across multiple counties in West Virginia’s Eastern Panhandle,” the agency said in a statement. ...

The WVDEP said that they are working with the Berkeley County Office of Emergency Services and the state Department of Agriculture to collect additional samples and have them analyzed.  ...
Gateway Pundit
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Dust Mystery Solved? Accuweather Weighs in on Dust Reported in West Virginia
By Marsha Chwalik
February 24, 2023 - 11:32 am
WV Metro News

MARTINSBURG, W.Va. — Just weeks after a toxic plume was released following the train derailment in East Palestine, Ohio, residents around the Eastern Panhandle and up into Maryland reported seeing a fine ash or dust on their vehicles Thursday.  Many were concerned enough to reach out to emergency services.

Accuweather’s Bill Deger says it’s likely dust blown over from another part of the country.  “I’ve seen a lot of reports, people thinking it’s pollen or ash, but it appears to just be dust that moved through the plains and across the country.”

Deger says the dust arrived in West Virginia Thursday and then made its way east to Philadelphia.  “I pulled up some satellite pictures and data from yesterday (Thursday), and it looks like this is dust that originated from parts of the southern plains.  You have to go back to New Mexico, Texas, and Oklahoma to find the origins of what looks like some dust that was carried by high altitude winds across the country.”

He says it’s the reason for the beautiful sunrises and sunsets folks in the Panhandle have been snapping pics of for social media.  “When you have a lot of airborne particles like dust or like smoke or ash, it can make the sunsets and sunrises appear more vibrant and that’s what people have been noticing lately because the light is scattered more in the atmosphere when you have these particles aloft.”
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Dust Mystery Solved? Accuweather Weighs in on Dust Reported in West Virginia
By Marsha Chwalik
February 24, 2023 - 11:32 am
WV Metro News

MARTINSBURG, W.Va. — Just weeks after a toxic plume was released following the train derailment in East Palestine, Ohio, residents around the Eastern Panhandle and up into Maryland reported seeing a fine ash or dust on their vehicles Thursday.  Many were concerned enough to reach out to emergency services.

Accuweather’s Bill Deger says it’s likely dust blown over from another part of the country.  “I’ve seen a lot of reports, people thinking it’s pollen or ash, but it appears to just be dust that moved through the plains and across the country.”

Deger says the dust arrived in West Virginia Thursday and then made its way east to Philadelphia.  “I pulled up some satellite pictures and data from yesterday (Thursday), and it looks like this is dust that originated from parts of the southern plains.  You have to go back to New Mexico, Texas, and Oklahoma to find the origins of what looks like some dust that was carried by high altitude winds across the country.”

He says it’s the reason for the beautiful sunrises and sunsets folks in the Panhandle have been snapping pics of for social media.  “When you have a lot of airborne particles like dust or like smoke or ash, it can make the sunsets and sunrises appear more vibrant and that’s what people have been noticing lately because the light is scattered more in the atmosphere when you have these particles aloft.”
If that's the case, any university with an X-ray diffraction unit could verify the mineral content of the dust.

"We don't know what it is, but it's perfectly safe" just doesn't cut it with me.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
That's ash or something close to it...

Some magic dust?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.