Author Topic: Media Demands Darkness, Not Sunlight, on January 6 Tapes  (Read 141 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Media Demands Darkness, Not Sunlight, on January 6 Tapes
« on: February 24, 2023, 06:12:48 pm »
Media Demands Darkness, Not Sunlight, on January 6 Tapes
What we are hearing from the media industrial complex is fear, not concern.

By Julie Kelly
February 23, 2023

Ever since Axios reported that House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) gave Fox News host Tucker Carlson unfettered access to surveillance video captured by Capitol security cameras on January 6, 2021, the corporate media has experienced a collective convulsion bordering on a nervous breakdown.

Guardians of the fourth estate long ago abandoned their self-proclaimed role as watchdog over those in power in exchange for the role of lapdog. But apparently the last ones to get the joke are reporters, editors, and cable news hosts themselves, who still operate under the delusion they maintain a vaunted place in the pecking order of American society rather than rank in popularity just below the toxic sludge smoldering in East Palestine, Ohio.

Not long ago—or maybe it has been a long time?—journalists would salivate at the chance to report on the contents of a massive trove of footage related to what the government calls a terror attack, especially if the same government pulled every trick in the book to keep it under wraps. Compelled by slavish idolatry of the state and contempt for the common man, the media, for lack of a better term, is acting as if the release of unseen video recorded on January 6 is a crime in progress.

https://amgreatness.com/2023/02/23/media-demands-darkness-not-sunlight-on-january-6-tapes/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Media Demands Darkness, Not Sunlight, on January 6 Tapes
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2023, 07:03:12 pm »
If the footage is released to one, it should be released to all.

Tucker is going to use some of the tape to frame a narrative that most participants were peaceful tourists, and only a few were bad apples.  Therefore, the DOJ prosecutions and investigations are unwarranted.

Tucker needs a distraction since it was revealed in the Dominion case that he knew Trump lost, but continues to lie to his audience for ratings.

Tucker needs to be on offense because there is no defense for treating his viewers like chumps.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright