Author Topic: Refugee petitions soaring in Mexico  (Read 302 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Refugee petitions soaring in Mexico
« on: February 24, 2023, 03:46:53 pm »
Refugee petitions soaring in Mexico
by: Julian Resendiz

Posted: Feb 22, 2023 / 06:37 PM CST

Updated: Feb 22, 2023 / 06:37 PM CST

Almost 250,000 people on their way to the U.S. or sent back under Title 42 expulsions seek protection south of the border

EL PASO, Texas (Border Report) – The number of refugee petitions more than doubled in the past two years in Mexico compared to the combined totals from 2019 and 2020, Mexican officials say.

And the numbers continue to rise, with 12,863 applications received by the Mexican Refugee Assistance Commission (COMAR) this past January compared with the 6,497 filed in January 2022.

More than 31,000 Hondurans filed for refugee status in Mexico last year, followed by 18,087 petitions from Cubans and 17,068 from Haitians, COMAR reported. Venezuelans were fourth with 14,823 applications and Nicaraguans fifth with 8,971. Most filings occurred in COMAR offices in Chiapas, a state bordering Guatemala.

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/refugee-petitions-soaring-in-mexico/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online DefiantMassRINO

Re: Refugee petitions soaring in Mexico
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2023, 03:59:48 pm »
 ////00000////

Your doing a great job Border Czarina, Kamala!

#TheKacklerStrikesAgain
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.