Author Topic: The Marine Corps’ logistics system is behind ― here’s the overhaul plan  (Read 96 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Marine Corps’ logistics system is behind ― here’s the overhaul plan
By Megan Eckstein
 Feb 23, 01:21 PM

WASHINGTON — The Marine Corps’ logistics system can’t keep up with its new disaggregated operating concepts — or its old crisis response concepts, either — and must be overhauled if the Marines and the joint force want to succeed in future combat, according to a new Marine Corps report.

The service released its Installations and Logistics 2030 plan on Thursday, the latest in a series of deep-dives into how to modernize various aspects of the Corps.

The report, signed by Commandant of the Marine Corps Gen. David Berger, states that, while the Marines have been saying for years that logistics would be key to future success, they haven’t taken the right actions yet to put a modern logistics and sustainment model in place.

“To succeed on tomorrow’s battlefields, we will need a logistics enterprise fully integrated with the broader objectives of [Force Design 2030], capable of supporting multi-domain and distributed operations in contested environments,” it reads. “Currently, our logistical capabilities are under-resourced and do not meet the demands of our future force to succeed on future battlefields.”

https://www.defensenews.com/naval/2023/02/23/the-marine-corps-logistics-system-is-behind-heres-the-overhaul-plan/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Behind in logistics but knocking it dead in wokeness! *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson