Author Topic: US SPECIAL OPERATIONS COMMAND LAUNCHES INVESTIGATION TO DISCOVER HOW SENSITIVE INFO WAS LEAKED ONLIN  (Read 73 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US SPECIAL OPERATIONS COMMAND LAUNCHES INVESTIGATION TO DISCOVER HOW SENSITIVE INFO WAS LEAKED ONLINE
Steve Balestrieri | February 23, 2023

The U.S. Special Operations Command (SOCOM) has launched an investigation this week to find out how it left an exposed email server that was leaking sensitive but unclassified emails online. The leak was discovered in early February after a cybersecurity researcher alerted the command.

Special Operations Command spokesperson Ken McGraw told CNN in an email that SOCOM had “initiated an investigation into information we were provided about a potential issue with the command’s Cloud service.”

“The only other information we can confirm at this point is no one has hacked US Special Operations Command’s information systems,” McGraw added.

SOCOM has troops forward deployed in dozens of countries worldwide on any given day.

The leak was discovered by Anurag Sen, a good-faith security researcher whose specialty is discovering sensitive data that is left unprotected online. He alerted TechCrunch about it so that they could alert the military and SOCOM.

https://www.sandboxx.us/blog/us-special-operations-command-launches-investigation-to-discover-how-sensitive-info-was-leaked-online/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson