Author Topic: Amtrak Joe Couldn’t Be Bothered To Visit A Train Wreck I & I Editorial Board  (Read 166 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Amtrak Joe Couldn’t Be Bothered To Visit A Train Wreck
I & I Editorial Board
February 24, 2023
Add comment

A freight train derailed in East Palestine, Ohio, three weeks ago. Residents were ordered to evacuate and the cargo of toxic chemicals from five tanker cars was eventually released and set on fire. So far, Joe Biden hasn’t visited the scene, as is tradition for presidents when large-scale disasters strike. Instead, Biden officials have blamed Donald Trump, who hasn’t been president in more than two years, for the wreck. But even some media outlets are admitting it wasn’t his fault.

Official word from the White House accuses “congressional Republicans and former Trump administration officials” for selling out “to rail industry lobbyists when they dismantled the Obama-Biden rail safety protections as well as EPA powers to rapidly contain spills.” The administration believes Trump, who beat Biden Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg (who is utterly useless) to the site, and GOP lawmakers, owe “East Palestine an apology.”

“Congressional Republicans laid the groundwork for the Trump administration to tear up requirements for more effective train brakes,” Andrew Bates, a deputy White House press secretary, ranted on Wednesday, “and last year most House Republicans wanted to defund our ability to protect drinking water.”

more
https://issuesinsights.com/2023/02/24/amtrak-joe-couldnt-be-bothered-to-visit-a-train-wreck/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline rustynail

Joe knows train wrecks he was an assistant fireman on the Old 97.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
rusty swings with:
"Joe knows train wrecks he was an assistant fireman on the Old 97..."

heh
Actually, Old 97 -did- have an "assistant fireman" on the day it wrecked. I believe it was a black guy who was actually making the trip as a "student" fireman, breaking in on the job.

He died in the wreck, too.