Author Topic: Analysis: Are Carbon Taxes a Way to Save the Planet?  (Read 349 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Analysis: Are Carbon Taxes a Way to Save the Planet?
« on: February 24, 2023, 11:55:09 am »
Analysis: Are Carbon Taxes a Way to Save the Planet?

Nancy Thorner
February 20, 2023

By Nancy Thorner

Just what is a climate tax?  Olivia Lai in her article dated January 6, 2022, Carbon Tax in the USA, describes it accordingly:

“A carbon tax is a growingly popular financial mechanism used to combat climate change by imposing a direct price on greenhouse gas emissions produced by companies and industries. By charging polluters the emissions they produce by the tonne, the tax creates an economic incentive for companies to reduce their carbon activity or invest and switch towards cleaner fuels or technologies.”

Carbon credits compared to Catholic Church Middle Ages indulgences

David Icke had an interesting way of explaining carbon credits going back to the Catholic Church in the Middle Ages, “how commoners were convinced to buy indulgences for their sins, from which the Catholic Church became rich.” 

“Similarly, today, our overlords—the mainstream media, central bankers, and their political allies—are working overtime to convince the commoners to pay for their alleged climate sins.”

https://heartlanddailynews.com/2023/02/analysis-are-carbon-taxes-a-way-to-save-the-planet/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Analysis: Are Carbon Taxes a Way to Save the Planet?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2023, 12:07:44 pm »
From what? Global warming from 'greenhouse gases' is a fiction.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2023, 11:05:55 pm »
"Are Carbon Taxes a Way to Save the Planet?"

Let's reconstruct that:
"Are Carbon Taxes a Way to Line the Pockets of The Elite?"

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2023, 12:49:14 am »
Bad initial assumption: That the planet, which has been here for 2200 times as long as the line of humans, needs any saving from a bunch of upstarts.

With or without us, the planet will still be here, albeit with some changes (gee, just like the past), at least until the sun goes nova or something really big runs into it, neither of which humans could do one damned thing to prevent.

This is as stupid as all those people from hot climates wanting us to freeze to death in electric vehicles up here to make the planet cooler.

Send those pinheads up here for a winter, and we'll cure them, at least the ones who survive it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2023, 01:26:48 am »
Are carbon taxes a way to save the planet? - Nope.

Carbon taxes would not have saved the Dinosaurs.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.