Author Topic: Can Chicago finally turn things around?  (Read 203 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Can Chicago finally turn things around?
« on: February 24, 2023, 02:34:14 pm »
February 23, 2023
Can Chicago finally turn things around?
By Frank Friday

Next week is the mayoral election in Chicago, and things are actually looking up a bit in my long-ago home town.

Chicago has non-partisan elections for aldermen and mayor — which is good, because there are so many chumbolones: dim-witted Chicagoans who will vote for any Democrat, no matter how bad, like Soros-backed prosecutor Kim Foxx.

The non-partisan races tend to break down by race, among white, black, and Hispanic candidates all scrambling to make the run-off.  Last time, two black mayoral contenders made the run-off — the corrupt machine boss, Toni Preckwinkle, and the supposed reformer, Lori Lightfoot.  Interestingly, Chicago has seen a steep decline the last 20 years in its black population.

The polls in 2022 showed Lightfoot getting trounced by several contenders and Congressman Chuy Garcia leading.  Garcia, though, appears to be the first casualty of the Sam Bankman-Fried scandals.  I suppose young Sam figured that if Soros could buy a Chicago prosecutor, he ought to buy a Chicago mayor.

This set the stage for a Lightfoot comeback, but also opened the door for a respected government official and moderate Democrat, Paul Vallas — a man who in the recent past even flirted with the idea of running as a Republican.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/02/can_chicago_finally_turn_things_around.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Can Chicago finally turn things around?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2023, 03:18:52 pm »
Nobody thought Rudy Giuliani could turn New York City around, but he did.

Chicago can be turned around. But it will not if Lori Lightfoot gets reelected.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2023, 04:34:18 pm »

Agreed.  Is anyone of the caliber of Giuliani currently running, or potentially running, for Mayor of Chicago, and with good odds of winning?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2023, 04:39:02 pm »

True, but I don't think the combination of demographics and entitlement mentaility will ever let that happen.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2023, 11:33:18 pm »
Kamaji wonders:
"Is anyone of the caliber of Giuliani currently running, or potentially running, for Mayor of Chicago, and with good odds of winning?"

That happens about as often as Halley's Comet comes around...