Author Topic: Joe Biden Turns America’s Government Into Wokeness Inc.  (Read 162 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Joe Biden Turns America’s Government Into Wokeness Inc.
« on: February 24, 2023, 11:24:40 am »
Joe Biden Turns America’s Government Into Wokeness Inc.
Ben Shapiro / @benshapiro / February 23, 2023

COMMENTARY BY

Ben Shapiro

As Presidents Day weekend loomed last week, the Biden administration dropped a little-noticed executive order. That executive order happened to be one of the broadest, most transformative executive orders in modern American history; it turned the federal government into one giant machine designed for the propagation of woke principles.

Biden’s so-called Executive Order on Further Advancing Racial Equity and Support for Underserved Communities Through the Federal Government—presumably titled in jargonistic gobbledygook in order to avoid scrutiny—set out the key guiding principle for the Biden administration. This principle, “equity,” will now be used to redirect the entirety of the federal government’s awesome powers.

What, pray tell, is “equity”? It certainly isn’t equality—the presumption that Americans ought to be treated equally under the law as individuals. Instead, equity presumes that any group disparities must be the result of perverse government policy, and that the only corrective is government interventionism.

The new executive order, a follow-up to the first order Biden signed on his first day in office, suggests that “by advancing equity, the federal government can support and empower all Americans, including the many communities in America that have been underserved, discriminated against, and adversely affected by persistent poverty and inequality.”

https://www.dailysignal.com/2023/02/23/joe-biden-turns-americas-government-into-wokeness-inc/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline LMAO

Re: Joe Biden Turns America’s Government Into Wokeness Inc.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2023, 12:56:45 pm »
And we are paying the price as a result
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy