Author Topic: China’s H-20 Stealth Bomber: A Threat to the U.S. Military or Flying Paper Tiger?  (Read 97 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
China’s H-20 Stealth Bomber: A Threat to the U.S. Military or Flying Paper Tiger?
Story by Maya Carlin • Yesterday 12:01 PM

A new rendering of the “Xian” H-20 stealth bomber appeared on a widely circulated video in late January, showcasing the future of Chinese military aviation.

The PLA claims its first-ever nuclear-capable bomber will enter service within the decade, however, most information regarding the platform remains a mystery.

The “Xian” bomber was developed alongside the PLA’s other advanced avionics
In the last decade or so, China has made significant progress on the aviation front. In addition to the development and introduction of the J-20 Chengdu fighter jet, Beijing is working on the J-35 airframe and producing more advanced variants of the Russian Flanker series and the J-10. The PRC’s prioritization of creating a near-peer stealth bomber to the U.S. B-21 Raider was inevitable. Although the exact timeline is unknown, analysts believe China began working on the Xian in the early 2000’s.

In 1999, an American F-117 Nighthawk was shot down over Yugoslavia, which some experts assert Chinese officials gained access to. A few years later, a second incident involving tech-theft occurred when a Northrop Grumman design engineer was found guilty of selling intelligence regarding the U.S. B-2 Spirit’s propulsion system to the Chinese government.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/china-s-h-20-stealth-bomber-a-threat-to-the-u-s-military-or-flying-paper-tiger/ar-AA17QCDH?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=df29c30c16294961aa06e435d5d042f7
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson